Advani blames Congress for prevailing corruptionOctober 30th, 2010 - 2:30 pm ICT by ANI
Gaya (Bihar), Oct 30 (ANI): Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) senior leader Lal Krishna Advani blamed the Congress-led Central Government for the corruption prevailing in the country.
Addressing an election rally at Gaya, Advani said: “I told that the corruption is prevailing, students are fighting against it but until political parties don’t recognise that the Congress party is behind the cause of this corruption and won’t fight against it, till then the country will not progress.”
Later addressing another rally at Bhagalpur city, Advani hit out at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress President Sonia Gandhi, saying it is “unbecoming” on the part of prime minister to question the role of Nitish Kumar government in Bihar’s development.
“It is quite unbecoming on the part of the Prime Minister to castigate the State government’s development when several observers, including the Planning Commission and even some from abroad appreciated the work in the past five years,” he added.
Advani further praised the voters of Bihar for analysing the bad governance of Lalu Prasad that ended his party’s governance of 15 years by voting him out.
“I really appreciate the people of Bihar as they noticed after 15 years of rule that it was not a good rule and thus they punished. They used to think that building roads will only benefit those who ride vehicles and thus they did not do so, and you punished them,” he added.
Bihar is currently ruled by a coalition of the regional Janata Dal United (JD-U) and the Bharatiya Janata Party.
The State will elect a new 243-seat assembly in a staggered month-long polling in six phases in which over 55 million electorates are expected to cast their franchise. Counting of votes will take place on November 24. (ANI)
- Advani praises Bihar voters for analysing Lalu's bad governance - Oct 29, 2010
- Time to vote out the corrupt, Advani urges UP's voters - Feb 24, 2012
- BJP not soft on corruption: Advani - Oct 28, 2011
- Advani attacks PM on corruption - Nov 06, 2011
- Advani plays down graft charges in Karnataka BJP - Oct 30, 2011
- Delhi in mind, Advani starts yatra from Bihar - Oct 12, 2011
- PM, Sonia must apologise for cash-for-votes scam: Gadkari - Nov 20, 2011
- I pity Manmohan Singh, says Advani - Feb 17, 2011
- Poll panel should organise debates between leaders: Advani - Oct 29, 2010
- UPA government most corrupt: Advani (Lead) - Oct 23, 2011
- Advani, Rahul, Rajnath, Hema descend upon Punjab - Jan 25, 2012
- Campaigning gains momentum for fifth phase of Bihar polls - Nov 04, 2010
- Advani's 'yatra' not for PM's post: Gadkari - Sep 29, 2011
- Advani's 40-day yatra reaches Delhi - Nov 20, 2011
- Campaigning gains momentum in poll-bound Assam - Apr 08, 2011
Tags: bhagalpur, bharatiya janata party, bihar, central government, congress party, congress president sonia gandhi, corruption, election rally, electorates, krishna, lal krishna advani, manmohan, manmohan singh, oct 30, planning commission, political parties, prasad, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, seat assembly