Advani becomes new ’slipper’ gate targetApril 16th, 2009 - 3:09 pm ICT by ANI
Katni (Madhya Pradesh), Apr 16 (ANI): Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Prime Ministerial candidate Lal Krishna Advani became the latest ’slipper’ gate target on Thursday.
Pawan Agarwal, a BJP worker, threw slipper at Advani today.
Agarwal has been arrested and is being questioned by the police.
Earlier, a retired school principal had thrown a shoe at Congress MP Navin Jindal in Kurukshetra.
Rajpal, a former teacher, hurled his shoe while he was addressing party workers.
In a similar incident, an agitated Dainik Jagran journalist Jarnail Singh threw a shoe at Union Home Minister, P. Chidambaram during a press conference at the Congress headquarters in Delhi.
Last December, Muntadhar al-Zaidi, an Iraqi journalist with Egypt-based al-Baghdadia television network, had thrown his shoes at former President George W. Bush during a news conference in Baghdad. (ANI)
- Now, Navin Jindal becomes another shoe gate target - Apr 10, 2009
- Throwing footwear: A trend to showcase anger - Oct 18, 2011
- Shoe attacks started with George Bush - Jun 06, 2011
- Now, an Indian journalist throws a shoe at Chidambaram - Apr 07, 2009
- Shoe-chucking turning into a popular protest form (Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Shoes thrown at others, Pawar first to be assaulted (Timeline) - Nov 24, 2011
- Shoe-throwing Iraqi journalist released - Sep 15, 2009
- Shoe-throwing Iraqi journalist alleges torture (Lead) - Sep 15, 2009
- Previous attacks on leaders (To go with: 'Ink attack stuns Ramdev, attacker faces mob fury') - Jan 14, 2012
- Home Ministry says Chidambaram did not avoid journalist's query - Apr 07, 2009
- Fake bombs, celebrity drivers: the making of an Iraqi TV hit - Sep 06, 2010
- Upset over Tytler clearance, journalist hurls shoe at Chidambaram (Lead) - Apr 07, 2009
- Bush shoe-thrower sentenced to three years in prison (Lead) - Mar 12, 2009
- Shoe throwing Iraqi journalist's release from jail postponed by a day - Sep 14, 2009
- Bush shoe-thrower appears in Baghdad court - Mar 12, 2009
Tags: al baghdadia, bharatiya janata party, former president, george w bush, iraqi journalist, jindal, krishna, kurukshetra, lal krishna advani, navin, news conference, p chidambaram, pawan, president george w bush, prime ministerial candidate, retired school, school principal, target, television network, union home minister