Addresses of absconding 26/11 accused pave way for issue of NBWsJune 21st, 2009 - 3:40 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, June 21(ANI): As the addresses of the 35 absconding accused in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks case has been obtained from the Centre, the prosecution is now all set to move to a special court for issue of non-bailable warrants (NBWs) against all the accused.
“The addresses of absconding accused have been provided to the investigating agency by the Government of India. They are expected to be filed in the court tomorrow, paving the way for issue of non-bailable warrants,” an official said.
Hafeez Muhammed Saeed, chief of Jama’at-ud-Da’wah, is one of the 35 absconders, who was recently discharged on technical grounds by a Pakistan court in connection with the Mumbai terror attacks case.
Saeed is wanted in India, as the arrested terrorist of the 26/11, Ajmal Amir Kasab, has implicated him in his confession that Saeed was an alleged mastermind.
Earlier, the court had refused to issue warrants because of incomplete names and addresses of the accused. It had asked the prosecution to provide complete addresses.
“We have complete addresses of prime absconding accused and shall provide them to the court for issue of NBWs,” said special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam. (ANI)
- Court asks NIA to present Headley May 31 (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Timeline of case against Kasab - Aug 29, 2012
- 26/11 court orders arrests of 22 Pakistanis including JuD chief (Lead) - Jun 23, 2009
- Hafiz Saeed's release won't affect 26/11 trial: prosecutor - Jun 02, 2009
- 26/11: Pakistan not to hand over suspects to India: Minister - Jun 24, 2009
- 26/11 court issues warrants against 22 Pakistanis - Jun 23, 2009
- Timeline of 26/11 case - Feb 21, 2011
- Timeline of Mumbai terror attacks trial - May 02, 2010
- Timeline in 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks trial - Mar 31, 2010
- Time line of Ajmal Amir Kasab's trial - May 02, 2010
- Nov 26, 2008 - May 3, 2010: timeline of 26/11 trial - May 03, 2010
- NIA seeks non bailable warrants against Saeed, Lakhvi, 4 others - Jul 15, 2010
- Arrest warrants sought against 35 accused in Mumbai blasts case - May 04, 2009
- 'Dedicated cops needed for serving court summons' - Jun 25, 2012
- Pakistani court adjourns hearing of Mumbai terror-attack case - Feb 26, 2011
Tags: absconders, confession, court tomorrow, government of india, incomplete names, investigating agency, jama, june 21, kasab, mastermind, mumbai, names and addresses, pakistan court, paving the way, prosecution, public prosecutor, terror attacks, terrorist, warrants