Adarsh scam: CBI raids ex-BMC Commissioner’s residenceMarch 15th, 2011 - 11:51 am ICT by ANI
New Delhi/Mumbai, Mar 15 (ANI): The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Tuesday raided the residences of former Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) commissioner Jairaj Phatak in Delhi and Mumbai in connection with the Adarsh Cooperative Housing Society scam.
Phatak is accused of misusing his position to illegally give permission to increase the height of the building.
Pathak was the BMC commissioner when the building got clearance from the high rise committee. His relative owns a flat in the building.
The CBI had on January 29 registered an FIR against 13 people, including former Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan in connection with the case.
The Environment Ministry had on January 16 directed the society to demolish within three months the unauthorised building in South Mumbai for violating coastal regulations.
The Adarsh scam claimed its first victim last year in the form of Ashok Chavan, who was forced to resign after reports surfaced that his kin owned flats in the society.
After Chavan, top bureaucrats too faced the axe, most notably among them being Maharashtra’s Chief Information Commissioner Ramanand Tiwari and Human Rights Commissioner Subhash K Lalla.
The 31-storey Adarsh Housing Society, originally meant for Kargil war heroes, landed in controversy after media reports said that several politicians, bureaucrats and defence personnel owned flats there. (ANI)
- Adarsh scam: CBI raids top bureaucrat's premises (Lead) - Mar 15, 2011
- Adarsh scam: CBI raids top bureaucrat's homes, offices (Second Lead) - Mar 15, 2011
- Adarsh scam: CBI raids top bureaucrat's homes, offices (Third Lead) - Mar 15, 2011
- Adarsh scam: Two sent to CBI custody till April 30 - Apr 17, 2012
- Adarsh scam: Two bureaucrats remanded to CBI custody - Apr 04, 2012
- Adarsh scam: Top bureaucrat denies misusing powers - Mar 17, 2011
- Bombay High Court satisfied with progress in Adarsh scam - Mar 16, 2011
- Adarsh scam: Two detained for interrogation - Apr 03, 2012
- Adarsh scam: Court rejects bail plea of 9 accused - Apr 21, 2012
- CBI raids across country in Adarsh Society scam - Jan 30, 2011
- Adarsh scam: Society members challenge MOEF demolition order - Feb 15, 2011
- Adarsh scam: Court rejects bail plea of accused (Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Apt action will be taken in Adarsh scam: Pallam Raju - Jan 18, 2011
- Guilty will not be spared in Adarsh scam: Antony - Jan 31, 2011
- CBI grills three main accused in Adarsh scam - Feb 03, 2011
Tags: ashok, bmc, brihanmumbai municipal corporation, bureaucrats, cbi raids, central bureau of investigation, chavan, coastal regulations, cooperative housing, fir, first victim, housing society, human rights commissioner, information commissioner, jairaj, kargil war heroes, maharashtra chief minister, New Delhi, south mumbai, subhash