Actor Shiney Ahuja appeals against rape sentence in Bombay HCApril 19th, 2011 - 4:17 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Apr 19 (ANI): Bollywood actor Shiney Ahuja, who was convicted last month on charges of raping his 20-year domestic maid, challenged his conviction in the Bombay High Court today.
Ahuja claimed the lower court had erred in law while convicting him, and added that he had been falsely implicated in the case.
Justice A R Joshi of the Bombay High Court has posted the actor’s plea for bail for hearing on April 27.
A Mumbai court had on March 30 convicted Ahuja to seven years in jail on charges of raping his domestic help.
The Bombay High Court had earlier granted him bail in October 2009.
Ahuja was arrested on June 15, 2009, after preliminary medical tests on the girl confirmed sexual assault. He was charged under the Indian Penal Code (IPC) Section 376 with rape, along with wrongful restraint and intimidation.
Ahuja maintains that he is innocent. (ANI)
- Shiney Ahuja to appeal against rape sentence in High Court - Mar 31, 2011
- Shiney Ahuja gets seven years jail in rape case - Mar 30, 2011
- Shiney Ahuja gets bail from Bombay High Court - Apr 27, 2011
- Bombay HC grants actor Shiny Ahuja bail in rape case - Apr 27, 2011
- Shiney Ahuja's maid claims the actor never raped her - Sep 08, 2010
- Actor Shiney Ahuja appeals rape conviction - Apr 19, 2011
- 'Har Pal' set for summer release, Preity ready to promote it - Jan 16, 2012
- Shiney Ahuja sentenced to 7-year jail for raping maid - Mar 30, 2011
- Shiney slaps notice to Micromax on 'Bai' commercial - Oct 24, 2011
- Judiciary should not target actors blatantly: Arshad Warsi - Mar 31, 2011
- Micromax Mobile withdraws 'bai' ad, Shiney relieved - Nov 08, 2011
- Shiney Ahuja jailed for 7 years for raping maid (Lead) - Mar 30, 2011
- Shiney Ahuja arrives in Delhi - Oct 04, 2009
- Shiney Ahuja released from Mumbai jail after furnishing surety of Rs 50,000 - Oct 03, 2009
- Shiney Ahuja gets bail in rape case - Oct 01, 2009
Tags: bollywood actor, bombay high court, conviction, domestic help, domestic maid, hc, indian penal code, intimidation, joshi, medical tests, mumbai court, plea, rape sentence, seven years, sexual assault