Active involvement of people in Rural Development Programmes: Raghuvansh Prasad SinghSeptember 23rd, 2008 - 7:58 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Sept 23 (ANI): Union Minister for Rural Development Dr. Raghuvansh Prasad Singh has asked the States to ensure peoples representatives active involvement in Rural Development programmes.
Addressing the 19th meeting of State Nodal Officers to review the performance of Centrally sponsored Rural Development Programmes here today, he laid emphasis on the convening of vigilance and monitoring committee meetings on a regular basis.
Expressing satisfaction over the performance of the states till August this year he underlined the need of paying extra attention on the Rural Development schemes in North East States as these areas are of strategic importance.
Dr. Singh reiterated on the entire wage payment under the National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (NREGA) through Bank or Post Offices accounts from October 1.He said any payment other than this mode is liable to be considered as illegal.
He also laid stress on the online reporting of datas and asked the States to comply with the instructions issued in this regard.
Dr. Singh also emphasized strengthening of grievance redressal system at all levels.
He said the vigilance and monitoring committee meetings must also be regularly held at the District, the Block and the Gram Panchayat level.
Dr. Singh also took stock of the status of availability of MPRs or QPRs under major Rural Development programmes like the NREGA, the Swarnajayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojana (SGSY), the Indra Awas Yojana (IAY) and the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) and the Rural Water Supply under the Accelerated Rural Water Supply Programme (ARWSP), the sanitation activities under TSC and the programmes devised for the Drought Prone areas and the arid or semi arid areas of the country. (ANI)
- Rural development to get 12 percent more - Feb 28, 2011
- 'Extend rural job scheme to urban areas' - Mar 15, 2012
- Rural ministry working on village roads scheme, says Ramesh - May 19, 2012
- Govt. grants aid for construction of rural roads in Manipur - Feb 07, 2011
- 69 percent households gain from rural job scheme - Apr 17, 2011
- Manmohan Singh favours redoubling of efforts to tackle drought - Sep 09, 2009
- 'More autonomy for states to implement rural schemes' - Apr 08, 2012
- Will tailor rural roads scheme for northeast: Ramesh (Lead) - Feb 12, 2012
- Sonia in Rae Bareli, raps officials on development work - Mar 31, 2010
- Ramesh writes to Sinha, refutes charges of discrimination - Aug 23, 2012
- Poor youth to be trained for jobs - Feb 11, 2011
- Over 400 centrally-funded roads found defective in Chhattisgarh - Mar 03, 2011
- Miles to go before NREGA's full potential achieved: PM - Sep 09, 2009
- Will tailor rural roads scheme for northeast: Ramesh - Feb 12, 2012
- Bihar allowed to construct rural roads under central scheme - Sep 16, 2011
Tags: arid areas, committee meetings, datas, dr singh, east states, gram panchayat, indra, monitoring committee, mprs, nrega, pmgsy, post offices, prone areas, qprs, rural development, rural water supply, tsc, union minister, vigilance, yojana