Acting US envoy takes part in Delhi polio drops campaignMay 24th, 2009 - 1:21 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, May 24 (ANI): Acting US Ambassador A. Peter Burleigh, on Sunday took part in a polio eradication drive in the national capital.
Burleigh, who has the designation of Charge d’Affaires of the U.S.mission in India, joined Professor Kiran Walia, Delhi’s Health and Family Welfare Minister and Delhi Mayor Kanwar Sain to administer the polio immunization drops to a child at a municipal maternity and child center here.
The United States is one of the largest supporters of polio eradication efforts in India.
In the last 10 years, the U.S. Government has provided more than 170 million dollars for polio eradication in India through the World Health Organization.(ANI)
- Polio-free Southeast Asia within reach: WHO - Sep 05, 2012
- Japan gives 120 mn yen grant to fight polio - Mar 26, 2012
- Festive atmosphere at polio immunisation camp (With image) - May 24, 2009
- WHO sees eradication of P-1 polio virus from India by year-end (Lead) - May 24, 2009
- President Patil launches 2011 'Pulse Polio' campaign - Jan 22, 2011
- India determined to eradicate polio: minister - Dec 09, 2011
- WHO lauds India's year without polio (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- WHO commends India's polio free year - Jan 13, 2012
- Pakistan hopes to end polio in two years - Jun 01, 2012
- F1 champion on polio drive in Delhi - Oct 27, 2011
- 'Ensure regular vaccination to make India polio free' - Feb 23, 2012
- Another round of pulse polio campaign launched in Delhi - Mar 26, 2011
- Burleigh assumes charge as new U.S. Charge d' Affaires in India - Apr 06, 2009
- US lauds India's role in eradicating polio - Aug 28, 2012
- A year of no polio: India triumphs, but risks remains - Jan 11, 2012
Tags: 10 years, ambassador, burleigh, designation, eradication efforts, family welfare, India, kanwar, kiran, maternity, may 24, million dollars, New Delhi, polio, polio eradication, polio immunization, walia, world health organization