Accused BJP MP goes underground in Right to Information activist murder caseJuly 22nd, 2010 - 1:37 pm ICT by ANI
Ahmedabad, July 22 (ANI): Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MP Dinubhai Boghabhai Solanki, the man suspected to be behind the murder of Right to Information (RTI) activist Amit Jethwa is reported to be underground just 24-hours after the incident.
Amit Jethwa’s father Bhiku Jethwa had accused Solanki for the murder, as he claimed that his son had recently filed an RTI application and PIL in the Gujarat High Court against Solanki.
“I believe that Dinu Solanki is behind the killing of my son. He had many times threatened me also on phone,” said Bhiku Jethwa in his interaction with the media on Wednesday.
Prominent RTI activist Amit Jethwa was shot dead by unidentified assailants near the Gujarat High Court on Tuesday night.
Jethwa was campaigning against alleged illegal mining in the Gir Sanctuary in Saurashtra, which is allegedly backed by some politicians.
Jethwa had filed a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) in the High Court, which alleged that mining activities were being carried out in the Una and Kodinar areas of Saurashtra with the support of Junagadh BJP MP Solanki and his relatives.
Jethwa had further alleged that the Solankis were also running illegal mines and stone crushers in a village on the border of the Gir forest. (ANI)
- RTI activist Amit Jethwa shot dead in Gujarat - Jul 21, 2010
- BJP MP's nephew arrested for role in Amit Jethwa murder case - Sep 07, 2010
- Slain RTI activist's father wants action against MP - Aug 01, 2011
- Gujarat govt. criticised for shielding tainted legislator Solanki - Jul 22, 2010
- BJP MP's nephew arrested in RTI activist murder case - Sep 07, 2010
- Gujarat court accepts plea for CBI probe in activist's murder - Apr 07, 2011
- Policy to curb illegal mining soon, Gujarat tells court - Oct 18, 2010
- BJP MP killed my son: RTI activist's father - Jul 21, 2010
- RTI activist's killing sets off row in Rajya Sabha - Feb 24, 2011
- MP's nephew in remand for RTI activist's murder - Sep 08, 2010
- Constable held for Gujarat RTI activist's killing - Aug 17, 2010
- Slain Gujarat activist's kin join illegal mining case - Aug 23, 2010
- Congress demands justice in RTI activist killing case - Jul 22, 2010
- Cabinet clears Whistleblowers protection Bill (Lead) - Aug 09, 2010
- Rally in Delhi to protest killing of RTI activist - Jul 23, 2010
Tags: activist, bharatiya janata party, bjp, gir forest, gujarat high court, interaction, junagadh, mp, murder case, pil, politicians, public interest litigation, relatives, rti application, sanctuary, saurashtra, stone crushers, tuesday night, unidentified assailants