Aamir Sohail likely to be appointed as Pak Chief SelectorNovember 4th, 2008 - 1:11 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore , Nov 4 (ANI): Former Pakistan cricket captain Aamir Sohail is soon likely to take over as the Chief Selector of the national cricket team, reliable PCB sources have stated.
The current selection committee, under the lead of Saleem Jafar which had the responsibility to select players of Abu Dhabi series, was temporary and would be dissolved after the series against West Indies , The News quoted the sources as saying.
Former captain Aamir Sohail is a strong frontrunner for the post, the sources said and added that he has been offered the post by PCB.
Meanwhile, if he takes up the new job, Sohail would have to bid fare well to commentary assignments.
Sohail is scheduled to meet Chairman PCB Ejaz Butt in Lahore on Wednesday to discuss and settle down all the related issues in this regard.
Earlier, he held the position in 2003. (ANI)
- Former players blast PCB for not naming Pak captain for World Cup - Jan 19, 2011
- PCB approaches ICC ahead of selecting preliminary World Cup squad - Jan 02, 2011
- I will instill self-belief in Pakistan team: Coach Mohsin - Oct 04, 2011
- 'No job satisfaction' leads to Sohail's resignation from PCB - Jul 21, 2009
- Miandad threatens to quit PCB - Feb 02, 2010
- Whatmore to coach Pakistan's cricket team - Mar 03, 2012
- I am not a 'rubber stamp' selector: Mohsin Khan - Oct 21, 2010
- PCB summons Mohsin after he threatens to quit (Lead) - May 04, 2011
- I spoke in the interest of the team: Afridi - Oct 13, 2010
- Afridi's loss in NZ will be Misbah's gain in Pak WC captaincy issue: Aamir Sohail - Jan 27, 2011
- PCB appoints Bari as interim COO - Sep 01, 2009
- Banned Younis, Malik and ageing Akhtar in PCB's list of 35 probables for Asia Cup - May 26, 2010
- Pakistan names cricket squad for T20 World Cup - Jul 18, 2012
- Younis likely to return to national squad following Butt's nod - Aug 21, 2010
- PCB must look beyond Miandad for Pak batting coach: Waqar - Apr 14, 2011