A thief who gobbles up 20 kg of raw vegetables a day!November 14th, 2007 - 10:15 am ICT by admin
Thirty two-year-old Nazim Beig eats 10 to 20 kilograms of raw vegetables a day. Be it brinjal, spinach Tinda (Indian round gourd), lady finger, cauliflower, tomatoes, or even sugarcane. So much so he doesn’t remember when he had his staple diet the last time.
Once hungry, he enters the nearby fields at night and steals plenty of vegetables or crops escaping the keepers’ eyes.
“I eat a lot of vegetables and enter the fields to eat them even if it is uncooked. At times when I fail to find any of them around, I steal them and eat,” says Nazim.
Eating raw vegetables has become a sort of addiction for him. He claims to have an irresistible temptation for raw vegetables since his childhood.
Nazim’s habit proves costly for the local farmers. They complain of having a tough time while chasing him out of their fields. They have to stay on vigil to prevent him sneaking into their fields.
“He enters my field to eat sugarcane. Therefore, I have been looking after my fields. He is really irritating with his peculiar habits. But we do not say much to him since he is a poor man,” said Anwar Ali, a local farmer.
“We do not complain even to the police considering that he fills his stomach only through such means. We do want to help him but there are other fields as well and he could even go there,” Ali added. (ANI)
- Want to buy exotic veggies? Head to Ladakh! - Apr 05, 2012
- Thanks to Popeye, kids eat more vegetables - Aug 09, 2010
- Success story of Manipur's vegetable farmers - May 17, 2010
- Dining with friends can make you fat - Sep 03, 2012
- Avoid juice of cucumber family vegetables: Experts - Jul 12, 2010
- Celebrities' secrets to banishing cellulite revealed - Mar 29, 2011
- Pranab avoided going to school, says elder sister - Jul 22, 2012
- Crows in Malaysia steal panties, bras to make nests - Mar 29, 2011
- Germany admits bean sprouts caused E.coli outbreak - Jun 10, 2011
- Sony's chairman urges for healthier alternatives to popcorn in cinemas - Mar 17, 2010
- Trials on Himachal crops successful, says institute - Jan 29, 2012
- Sugarcane 'can help in cooling climate' - Apr 18, 2011
- Mayawati attacks Rahul for not eating in Dalit's home - Jul 08, 2011
- Shiv Sena demands better price for sugarcane - Nov 08, 2011
- Insects, pests damage sugarcane crop in Meerut District - Aug 12, 2009
Tags: anwar ali, brinjal, cauliflower, farmers, gourd, irresistible temptation, kilograms, lady finger, nazim, nearby fields, peculiar habit, peculiar habits, raw vegetables, sneaking into their, staple diet, sugarcane, uttar pradesh, vigil