A major fire breaks out in an oil mill in KolkataFebruary 10th, 2009 - 3:58 pm ICT by ANI
Kolkata, Feb 10 (ANI): A major fire broke out in an oil mill in Kolkata this morning.
The fire broke out in the shed housing the warehouse and office of the mustard oil mill located at Posta Bazaar, one of the most congested areas of the city.
Fire brigade officials said that it took more than four hours to control the raging fire.
“We are trying our best to save the adjacent building and property. We also rescued two persons from the top floor of the building,” said Bibhas Guha, Divisional Fire Officer, Kolkata.
Despite fire department’’s efforts to douse the fire.
People complained of laxity by the fire brigade personnel alleging that they did not act speedily and also that pipes used for spraying water were not of adequate length, making it difficult to control the fire.
Investigations are on to ascertain the cause of the fire. (ANI)
- Two fires break out in Kolkata, no casualties - Jun 16, 2012
- Fire rages at Chandni Chowk warehouse - Nov 29, 2010
- Major fire at multi-storied building in South Kolkata - Mar 29, 2012
- Tyre warehouse in Haryana gutted in fire - Jun 30, 2012
- Efforts still on to douse fire at Delhi's Chandni Chawk (Second Lead) - Nov 29, 2010
- Two fires in Kolkata, no casualties (Lead) - Jan 01, 2012
- Fire in Kolkata factory - Dec 20, 2011
- Chandni Chowk fire extinguished, four hurt (Lead) - Nov 29, 2010
- Four injured fighting blaze in Delhi's Chandni Chowk (Lead) - Nov 28, 2010
- Fire at oil mill in Thane under control (Lead) - Apr 13, 2010
- Fire in Kolkata factory, no casualties (Lead) - Dec 20, 2011
- Shops, houses gutted in Bangladesh fire - Mar 13, 2012
- Fire in Kolkata's Burrabazar market - Jul 08, 2012
- Four killed in Delhi warehouse fire - Nov 13, 2011
- Fire in Kolkata studio, two injured - Jul 18, 2011