A home in Orissa has a monkey baby-sitter!November 14th, 2007 - 3:03 am ICT by admin
Every morning, the monkey arrives at the 21-day-old baby’s house and spends rest of the day taking care of the baby boy. At times, the monkey goes asleep with the infant in the house.
“Initially, I was scared by this unusual affection shown by the monkey towards my baby. But today, the monkey takes care of him the whole day when I am busy with my household work. Sitting next to my baby son, the monkey looks after him as a mother and never harms,” said Kamalini Khuntia, the mother.
Rohit Khuntia and Kamalini Khuntia, the parents of the infant were scared and reluctant to allow a monkey to come near the child. They even tried to shoo the simian away. But it did not stop the monkey from visiting their house and play with the baby.
Both of the parents have now given up their fear and now treat the monkey as family.
The unique incident showcasing an astonishing relation of love and care between a monkey and human child has become the talk of the town.
“Look this is an animal but showers love and affection like a real mother to a human baby. For the past 15-16 days, it is taking care of the baby as a mother would do,” said, Shantanu Das, a neighbour
Khuntia’s home has today become a favourite tourist spot of sorts, as several curious people keep visiting to witness the unique bond. Who knows the sight may influence the general mindset that usually perceives the presence of monkeys to be a menace for the human world? (ANI)
- Monkey business: Rhesus outsmarts langur - Mar 14, 2011
- High demand for child care nurses in China - Feb 20, 2012
- New-born baby boy found abandoned in Gurgaon - May 12, 2012
- Day-old girl found abandoned at Pune garbage dump - Jun 25, 2011
- Second abandoned infant found in Gurgaon in a week - Apr 18, 2012
- Rare surgery saves 12-day-old infant in Punjab - Sep 21, 2011
- Monkeys are back, Shimla takes cover - Sep 30, 2011
- Agra battles stray dogs - Jan 22, 2012
- Mom is the best, says Bollywood - May 08, 2011
- Kamalini Mukherjee Excited About Her Upcoming Flick - Nov 04, 2010
- Baby girl abandoned in Gurgaon - Apr 25, 2012
- New research could 'protect newborn babies from HIV infection' - Oct 04, 2010
- Poverty forces Bengal mother to sell child for Rs.2000 - May 22, 2012
- Tribesmen to scare away simians in Goa - Apr 01, 2011
- Love hormone also fosters kindness among monkeys - Jan 06, 2012