88 killed in Russian plane crashSeptember 14th, 2008 - 3:16 pm ICT by ANI
Moscow , Sept 14 (ANI): At least 88 people died when a Boeing-737 airliner they were flying in crashed in the Sibera region. No casualties were reported on the ground as the plane reportedly crashed in open fields.
Around 21 of those dead were foreigners.
The plane was flying from Moscow to the Siberian city of Perm when it crashed in an unpopulated area as it was landing, said the agencies, The Telegraph quoted Aeroflot as saying in a statement.
The Boeing-737 carried 82 passengers on board, including seven children, and six crew… All passengers were killed, added the statement.
Firefighters were successful in extinguishing the blaze at the crash site. We have found the aircraft. It came down within the city limits (in Perm ) in a patch of waste ground. Initial reports are of no casualties on the ground, Emergencies Ministry spokeswoman Irina Andrianova said.
Russian President Dmitry Medvedev was briefed about the crash by Emergencies Minister Sergei Shoigu.
Aeroflot identified the foreigners as nine people from Azerbaijan , five from Ukraine and one person each from France , Switzerland , Latvia , the United States , Germany , Turkey and Italy . (ANI)
- Russian passenger plane crashes in Siberia, killing seven - Aug 03, 2010
- RusLine passenger plane crashes in northwest Russia, 44 killed - Jun 21, 2011
- Engine failure responsible for Russia plane crash - Sep 15, 2008
- Five killed as Russian plane makes emergency landing - Jul 11, 2011
- Russia to send rescuers to quake-hit Japan - Mar 14, 2011
- Plane with 127 on board crashes in Pakistan (Second Lead) - Apr 20, 2012
- Passenger plane crashes near Pakistani capital of Islamabad, many killed (Updated) - Apr 20, 2012
- Depressurised plane makes emergency landing in Russia - Jan 24, 2012
- Passenger plane carrying more than 100 people crashes in northwest Iran - Jan 10, 2011
- Passenger plane crashes in northwest Russia, some killed - Jun 21, 2011
- Russian stewardess fired for tweet on Sukhoi crash - May 11, 2012
- Russian pilot dies of heart attack mid-flight - Jan 21, 2012
- Russian jet makes emergency landing - Sep 09, 2011
- Russian plane makes emergency landing - Jun 09, 2011
- Passenger plane crashes into Pakistani neighborhood, casualties feared - Apr 20, 2012
Tags: aeroflot, azerbaijan, blaze, boeing, boeing 737, casualties, city limits, crash site, dmitry medvedev, emergencies, firefighters, foreigners, initial reports, irina, ministry spokeswoman, moscow, perm, russian plane crash, russian president, siberian city