840 kg of adulterated sweets confiscated in AjmerOctober 26th, 2010 - 6:22 pm ICT by ANI
By Kishore Solanki
Ajmer, Oct.26 (ANI): Rajashthan Police and the Department of Food and Civil Supplies (DFS) has confiscated about 840 kilograms of adulterated sweets in Ajmer.
Many sweet factories were shutdown and shops raided by Department of Food and Civil Supplies officials.
“The chief minister had asked us to check all sweet items, especially for adulteration and any colourization. For this reason we raided these cold storage plants and ice factories to check on ingredients for sweetmeats,” said Hari Shankar Goyal, District Supply Officer, Department of Food and Supplies (DFS).
The sweets samples and ingredients have been sent for tests.
“We will check whether these producers are licensed under the Prevention of Food Adulteration (PFA) Act. If the license is not there, then they will be charged accordingly since producing food products without a license is a crime,” said Goyal.
The raids will continue till Diwali, the officials said. (ANI)
- 20,000 kg of adulterated sweets confiscated in Gorakhpur - Nov 01, 2010
- Raids in Delhi to check food adulteration - Apr 19, 2011
- No harmful adulterants in Delhi milk, court told - Jan 25, 2012
- Over 20 quintals adulterated sweets seized in Punjab - Nov 02, 2010
- No harmful adulterants in Delhi milk, court told (Lead) - Jan 25, 2012
- Chandigarh promises bitter Diwali for spurious sweet makers - Nov 04, 2010
- 15 cases of sale of unsafe food items in Delhi since August - Oct 18, 2011
- Chandigarh gives its sweet shops 48 hours to clean up - Oct 22, 2010
- Over 80 fall sick after consuming special flour - Mar 04, 2011
- Adulteration case against Pepsi set aside - Oct 25, 2010
- Gujarat government pulled up for delay in food adulteration cases - Dec 13, 2010
- Adulterated milk packets seized, destroyed in Aurangabad - Oct 08, 2010
- Punjab swoops down, cancels chemists' licences after dope taint (Lead) - Jul 06, 2011
- Italian police seize expired Easter products worth $2.7 mn - Apr 02, 2010
- Fearing raids, Chandigarh sweet shop owners move base - Oct 23, 2011