700 Tripura State Rifles paramilitary recruits graduate in AgartalaJanuary 3rd, 2011 - 6:24 pm ICT by ANI
By Pinaki Das
Agartala, Jan.3 (ANI): Around 700 soldiers of the 13 Tripura State Rifles graduated in a passing out ceremony and took oath of their duty during the event in Agartala.
On Sunday, Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar, the chief guest at the ceremony, inspected the passing out parade and honoured the troopers who topped in various disciplines during their training.
During the nine-month-long basic training course in counter-insurgency operations, the cadets learnt about various topics like survival on land, the prevailing laws, human rights issues, use of different arms and ammunition and disaster management.
“We have received very good training here that will help us fight terrorism in a better way and we have been prepared to face any kind of challenge,” said Rajkumar Singh, a graduate.
The passing out ceremony marks the end of a basic training and beginning of life as a soldier. (ANI)
- Pradip Kumar Sarkar appointed Tripura Lokayukta - Dec 13, 2011
- Tripura varsity to confer doctorate on Sheikh Hasina - Dec 21, 2011
- Hasina visits Tripura Wednesday to commemorate history - Jan 10, 2012
- Fourth in India, Tripura Police gets president's honour - Jan 11, 2012
- Efforts on to revive terrorism in Tripura: Sarkar - Aug 15, 2012
- Tripura Left Front ministry to be expanded Sunday - Feb 10, 2012
- 'Tripura rehabilitating surrendered extremists' - Mar 06, 2012
- Bangladesh PM in Tripura to revive historic, economic ties - Jan 11, 2012
- Manik Sarkar again refuses to don convocation robe - Jan 12, 2012
- Three militants arrested in Tripura - Jun 18, 2012
- Minister reinducted in Tripura amidst controversy - Feb 12, 2012
- Tripura militants recruiting youth, warns intelligence - Jun 21, 2012
- Tripura seeks more security along border with Bangladesh - Jun 09, 2010
- Government job for gymnast Dipa - May 23, 2012
- We can't forget Indians' sacrifices for us: Bangladesh minister - Nov 11, 2010
Tags: agartala, ammunition, beginning of life, cadets, ceremony marks, chief guest, chief minister, counter insurgency, disaster management, disciplines, human rights issues, manik, passing out parade, rajkumar, rifles, soldier, survival, terrorism, tripura