63 percent turnout in fifth phase of Bihar panchayat pollsMay 3rd, 2011 - 10:41 pm ICT by ANI
Patna, May 3 (ANI): An estimated sixty three percent voters exercised their franchise in the fifth phase of panchayat polls in Bihar on Tuesday.
Katihar district recorded the highest voter turnout at 73 percent, while Gaya district witnessed the lowest turnout at 53 per cent.
Over eight hundred persons including a presiding officer were arrested as a preventive measures during today’s poll.
No major incident was reported from any part of the state.
The polling for the sixth phase will be held on May 6. The polling for the seventh phase will be held on May 9, eighth phase on May 12, ninth phase on May 15 and the tenth phase on May 18.
The polling for 262,000 panchayat posts will end on May 18. (ANI)
- 61 percent turnout in third phase of Bihar panchayat polls - Apr 27, 2011
- Fifth phase of Bihar panchayat polls to take place tomorrow - May 02, 2011
- Polling underway for third phase of Bihar Panchayat polls - Apr 27, 2011
- Tenth round of Bihar panchayat polls under way - May 18, 2011
- Tenth round of Bihar panchayat polls concludes (Lead) - May 18, 2011
- Maoist fear: Bihar panchayat polls postponed in five districts - May 17, 2011
- 81 percent turnout in sixth phase of J-K panchayat polls - May 04, 2011
- Bihar panchayat polls' ninth phase marred by Maoist violence (Lead) - May 15, 2011
- 56 percent turnout in fourth phase of Bihar panchayat polls (Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- Poll panel warns against influencing vote counting in Bihar - May 21, 2011
- Police officer's killing mars Bihar panchayat polls (Second Lead) - Apr 20, 2011
- Bihar panchayat poll candidate kills self after defeat - May 23, 2011
- Fifth phase of panchayat polls begin in Kashmir - Apr 30, 2011
- Sporadic violence mars Bihar second phase polls (Second Lead) - Apr 24, 2011
- Notification issued for panchayat polls in Bihar - Feb 21, 2011