59 new ministers inducted into Union cabinetMay 28th, 2009 - 2:53 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, May 28 (ANI): President Pratibha Patil administered oath of office to 14 Cabinet ministers, seven Ministers of State (Mos) with Independent charge and 38 (MOS) on Thursday.
The grand swearing-in ceremony, which started around 11:30 a.m., took place in the Ashoka Hall of Rashtrapati Bhavan.
Virbhadra Singh, Vilasrao Deshmukh, Farooq Abdullah, Dayanidhi Maran, A Raja, Mallikarjun Kharge, Kumari Selja, Subodh Kant Sahay, Dr. M S Gill, G K Vasan, Pawan Kumar Bansal, Mukul Wasnik, Kantilal Bhuria and M K Azhagiri, took oath as Cabinet ministers.
Praful Patel, Prithviraj Chavan, Sriprakash Jaiswal, Salman Khursheed, Dinsha Patel, Jairam Ramesh, Krishna Tirath sworn-in as MoS with Independent charge.
E Ahamed, V Narayanasamy, Srikant Jena, Mullappally Ramachandran, D Purandeswari, Panabaka Lakshmi, Ajay Maken, K H Muniyappa, Namo Narain Meena, Jyotiraditya Scindia, Jitin Prasada, A Sai Prathap, Gurudas Kamat, M M Pallam Raju, Mahadev Khandela, Harish Rawat, K V Thomas, Saugata Ray, Dinesh Trivedi, Shishir Adhikari, Sultan Ahmed, Mukul Roy, Mohan Jatua, S S Palanimanickam, D Napoleon, S Jagathrakshakan, S Gandhiselvan, Preneet Kaur, Sachin Pilot, Shashi Tharoor, Bharatsinh Solanki, Tusharbhai Chaudhary, Arun Yadav, Prateek Prakash Patil, R P N Singh, Vincent Pala, Pradeep Jain and Agatha Sangma took oath as MoS.
In the first round of swearing-in on Friday, only 19 ministers were inducted along with the Prime Minister. Portfolios have been allocated to only six ministers.
The first session of the newly constituted Lok Sabha is expected to begin from June 2, and is likely to continue till June 10. (ANI)
- Council of Ministers represents a bend of experience and energy: PM - May 28, 2009
- PM, Sonia Gandhi finalise list of ministers ahead of cabinet expansion - May 27, 2009
- Cabinet expansion today - May 28, 2009
- The new council of ministers after Wednesday's reshuffle - Jan 19, 2011
- Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's new team - Jul 12, 2011
- Supporters celebrate Indian Cabinet expansion, as ministers take oath - May 29, 2009
- New ministers in Manmohan Singh's government - May 27, 2009
- 38 ministers take oath in English, 21 in Hindi - May 28, 2009
- Manmohan Singh readies council of ministers, with personal touch (Roundup) - May 27, 2009
- Manmohan Singh readies council of ministers, with personal touch (Intro Roundup) - May 27, 2009
- 59 new ministers to be sworn in Thursday (Second Lead) - May 27, 2009
- Manmohan Singh's 78-member council of ministers finalised (Third Lead) - May 27, 2009
- Manmohan allocates work to all ministers, wants benchmarks set (Second Lead) - May 29, 2009
- Congress takes charge of most economic ministries, DMK's Raja gets IT (Lead) - May 29, 2009
- 30 debutants - who gets what - May 29, 2009
Tags: ahamed, ajay maken, dayanidhi maran, gurudas kamat, harish rawat, jairam ramesh, jaiswal, Lok Sabha, m k azhagiri, pallam raju, pawan kumar, pradeep jain, praful patel, prateek, prithviraj, purandeswari, shishir, srikant jena, vasan, vilasrao deshmukh