498 cadets pass out of Indian Military AcademyDecember 13th, 2008 - 8:04 pm ICT by ANI
Dehradun, Dec 13 (ANI): A batch of 498 cadets pass out of Indian Military Academy (IMA) at a glittering ceremony here today.
This year’’s batch includes 24 foreign cadets and six Assam rifles GCs.
Army Chief General Deepak Kapoor who was present during the ceremony, said: “Today’’s parade was conducted in a proper manner and the standards these cadets produced were incomparable. There is no doubt that from the standards produced by these cadets, the youths would definitely feel enthusiastic in joining the academy.”
During the ceremony, Academy Cadet Adjutant Abhishek Gargmukh, was honoured with Gold Medal, whereas Academy under officer Atul Kumar Rai and Senior under officer Kundan Kumar were honored with silver and bronze medals respectively.
The cadets celebrated in the customary way by tossing their caps in the air to the sound of drums.
“We have to finish terrorism from its roots. We can”t expect it to vanish by sitting without putting any efforts. Corruption should be removed and every person should take a step towards it,” said Lieutenant Lokesh Chauhan, a pass out cadet.
The historic Chetwode Drill Square of the IMA resounded with booming commands and the thumping of young, determined heels as enthusiastic parents, friends and relatives of the cadets watched the young men, soon to become commissioned officers of the Indian Army.
“I can”t express my feelings at this moment. My son is doing something for the country and it is enough for me. I do fear the moment if my son would confront a militant but at least I am assured of this fact that his life will save many innocent lives,” said Laxmi Chauhan, mother of a passing out cadet.
The IMA was established on October 1, 1932, with Brigadier I.P. Collins as the commandant. (ANI)
- 511 cadets pass out of Indian Military Academy - Jun 13, 2009
- 608 cadets pass out of Indian Military Academy - Jun 07, 2008
- Over 600 cadets pass out of Indian Military Academy - Jun 12, 2010
- To plug officer shortage, Indian Army to open Bihar academy - Jun 17, 2011
- Family, friends elated at Divya wins coveted honour - Sep 19, 2010
- Three NDA cadets to participate in prestigious Italian competition - Mar 13, 2012
- Cadets shake a leg at NDA Ball - Nov 20, 2011
- Southern Command celebrates Indian Army Day - Jan 15, 2011
- 498 cadets pass out of Indian Military Academy - Dec 13, 2008
- Army's officers academy formally inaugurated - Nov 14, 2011
- Hyderabad Air Force Academy's passing out parade - Jun 19, 2010
- Bangladesh Army chief to see NDA graduation - Nov 21, 2011
- 171 officers commissioned into Indian Air Force - Dec 18, 2010
- The first of women officers in Pakistan hope to carry arms soon - Jun 23, 2010
- Changing professions - to become police officers - Jul 13, 2012
Tags: abhishek, adjutant, army chief, assam rifles, brigadier, bronze medals, cadets, chief general, commandant, deepak kapoor, gold medal, indian army, indian military academy, indian military academy dehradun, innocent lives, lokesh, no doubt, parents friends, proper manner, sound of drums