45 fodder scam accused convicted, rigorous imprisonment for 14April 24th, 2009 - 6:13 pm ICT by ANI
Ranchi, Apr 24 (ANI): A special Central Bureau of Investigation court on Friday convicted 45 accused and sentenced 14 of them to three years rigorous imprisonment in connection with the fodder scam case of early 1990’s.
The court also slapped fines between Rs. 15,000 and Rs. five lakh on the 14 accused.
Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief and the then Bihar Chief Minister Lalu Prasad is also one of the accused in the Rs. 900 crore-scam.
The court has fixed April 27 to pronounce the quantum of punishment on the rest 31 convicts.
The fodder scam was unearthed in Bihar in 1996 when Lalu Prasad was the Chief Minister of the state. He had resigned from the post in 1997 after a court issued an arrest warrant against him in one of the cases.
This was the 30th of the total 53 fodder scam cases to have been to the conviction stage. (ANI)
- 4 to 7 years' jail for 40 convicted in fodder scam case - May 07, 2012
- 62 convicted in fodder scam, 23 jailed - Jan 28, 2011
- 52 convicted, eight sent to jail in fodder scam case - Nov 29, 2010
- Fodder scam: 34 get 1 to 6 years - May 05, 2012
- 69 convicted in fodder scam - May 03, 2012
- 61 convicted in fodder scam case - Jan 16, 2012
- Lalu and Mishra appear in CBI court on fodder scam case - Feb 14, 2012
- 12 officials get five years' jail in fodder scam case - Dec 02, 2010
- Lalu, Mishra deny charges in fodder scam case (Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Eleven more sentenced in fodder scam case - Dec 01, 2010
- Fodder scam: Lalu, Jagannath statements to be recorded - Feb 02, 2012
- Fodder scam: Petition filed to make Nitish Kumar an accused - Sep 07, 2012
- Fodder scam: 64 convicts get jail terms in one case (Second Lead) - Jan 31, 2012
- 26 get 1-5 years' jail terms for fodder scam - Feb 02, 2012
- Fodder scam case: Lalu to appear in court Tuesday (Lead) - Feb 13, 2012