45 feared dead in Bihar boat capsizeJuly 2nd, 2010 - 6:44 pm ICT by ANI
Bihar July 2: ANI) At least 45 people are feared to have drowned after the boat in which they were crossing turbulent Gandhak river in Bihar’s west Champaran District capsized.
The boat had 65 passengers on board when it capsized near Ghoria Ghat. The boat was sailing towards Bhagwanpur from Ranha village.
District officials have so far confirmed the death of three persons, including two children.
The Bihar government has announced compensation of Rs one lakh to the next kin of each of the dead.
Search and rescue operations are still on.
- Bihar boat capsize toll rises to 21 - Sep 11, 2012
- Five killed, 10 missing as boat capsizes in Bihar (Lead) - Aug 10, 2012
- Eleven killed, over 25 missing as boat capsizes in Bihar (Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
- Four killed, 10 missing as boat capsizes in Bihar - Aug 10, 2012
- Five killed in Bihar boat capsize (Lead) - Jul 02, 2010
- 40 missing in Bihar boat accident - Oct 11, 2010
- Nine Puja revellers drown in Bihar - Oct 05, 2011
- 13 drowned as boat capsizes on Chambal river - Nov 13, 2011
- 35 dead as boat capsizes in Bihar (Lead) - Oct 11, 2010
- 11 dead, 30 missing in Bihar boat accident - Oct 17, 2010
- Six killed, 20 missing as boat capsizes in Bihar - Sep 10, 2012
- 3 die, scores missing after Nepal boat capsize - Aug 25, 2012
- Three drown as overloaded boat capsizes in Bihar - May 22, 2012
- Three drown, one missing in Maharashtra - Dec 05, 2010
- 31 die in Bangladesh boat capsize (Third Lead) - Mar 13, 2012