44 Taliban killed in Bajaur Agency as Mohmand braces for new offensiveNovember 21st, 2008 - 12:21 pm ICT by ANI
Khar, Nov 21 (ANI): At least 24 Taliban fighters, including 11 foreigners and one local commander, were killed in the military operation in the Bajaur Agency yesterday, as warplanes pounded Taliban positions in Swat killing 20 fighters using a school building in Matta area, official sources and local residents reportedly said.
The foreign fighters killed in Bajaur were suspected to be Uzbek nationals. The Taliban casualties came when security forces targeted fighters in the Darbari, Saparai, Gatki, Bagori and Zorbandar areas of Mamoond and Nawagai tehsils of Bajaur, the Daily Tims quoted FC sources as saying.
They said. We are making significant progress against the militants who are on the run. Taliban strongholds have been destroyed, an ISPR spokesman said in a press release in Rawalpindi, but went on to mention that a few pockets of resistance remained.
Meanwhile, according to TV channel report said that security forces had completed the deployment of Frontier Corps (FC) contingents in the tribal Mohmand Agency, and a full-scale military operation in the agency is likely after the federal governments approval. (ANI)
- 20 Taliban killed, 10 hurt in Pak security forces Bajaur operation - Nov 08, 2008
- Pakistani fighter jets pound FATA, 12 Taliban killed - Jul 05, 2010
- After girls school, now Taliban destroys two boys school in Bajaur - May 03, 2010
- Pak troops kill 12 Taliban in Bajaur, tribals form lashkars to support Army - Oct 25, 2008
- Female teacher killed by militants in Pakistan's Bajaur - Sep 02, 2010
- 12 Taliban surrender, six killed in Bajaur Army operation - Nov 11, 2008
- 44 Taliban insurgents killed as Pak forces continue offensive in Upper Orakzai - Jun 07, 2010
- The Taliban are back to spread terror in Pak army 'sanitized' Bajaur Agency - Jun 16, 2010
- Pak security forces kill seven militants in Swat - Apr 11, 2011
- 18 militants killed in army operation in Pakistan - Aug 30, 2012
- Terrorists infiltrating into Pak through Afghan border: Malik - Jul 12, 2010
- Female suicide bomber kills 44 in Pakistan (Fifth Lead) - Dec 25, 2010
- 27 killed after fighter jets bomb Taliban hideout in Swat - Oct 20, 2008
- Pak Army claims killing 60 more Taliban in Malakand - Jun 13, 2009
- Locals, officials rebuff Pak Army's claims of successful conclusion to Orakzai offensive - Jun 03, 2010
Tags: bajaur agency, braces, casualties, deployment, federal governments, foreign fighters, foreigners, frontier, militants, military operation, nationals, pockets of resistance, rawalpindi, spokesman, strongholds, swat, taliban, taliban fighters, tims, tv channel