41 pilgrims killed as bus falls into river in UttarakhandNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:05 am ICT by admin
The bus carrying 45 people lost control after being hit by a boulder, police said.
Police said that 41 bodies have been retrieved and two persons were rescued, who were rushed to a nearby hospital where their condition was stated to be critical.
Senior administrative and police officials are supervising the rescue operation.
The pilgrims from Orissa were on their way back to Rishikesh after visiting the Badrinath shrine in the Garhwal Himalayas. (ANI)
- 12 killed, 40 missing as rains pound Uttarakhand, Jammu (Lead) - Aug 05, 2012
- 12 killed, 40 missing as rains pound Uttarakhand, Jammu, Himachal (Second Lead) - Aug 05, 2012
- Rain kills six in Uttarakhand, pilgrimage halted - Aug 04, 2012
- 40 missing in Uttarakhand, rescue efforts on - Aug 05, 2012
- Landslides, flash floods damage roads in Uttarakhand - Sep 23, 2010
- Bahuguna surveys damage in Uttarakhand, offers more relief - Aug 16, 2012
- Uttarakhand deluge: Two army officers killed - Sep 21, 2010
- Cloud burst kills one in Chamoli, Badrinath route blocked - Jul 05, 2012
- Badrinath shrine reopens after six months - May 20, 2010
- Three kanwarias killed in Uttarakhand - Aug 06, 2010
- Uttarakhand Govt. advisory asks pilgrims not to visit Badrinath - Jul 20, 2009
- Rishikesh, Ladakh - the new getaway for adventure seekers (With Images) - Jun 23, 2011
- Nine kanwarias killed in road accidents (Lead) - Aug 06, 2010
- Five killed in Jammu bus accident - Jun 09, 2012
- 17 pilgrims killed in Maharashtra accident - Mar 17, 2011
Tags: badrinath, bodies, boulder police, critically injured, garhwal himalayas, lost control, nearby hospital, orissa, pilgrims, police officials, rescue operation, rishikesh, two persons, uttarakhand