4,000 kilograms of explosives seized in BiharNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:07 am ICT by admin
Acting on information, a police team raided the spot and recovered over 4,000 power gelatine sticks, each weighing around 125 grams, police said.
“The entire cache weighs more than four quintals. It is a very powerful explosive,” said Amit Jain, Superintendent of Police (SP), Gaya.
This is the third such haul made by the police in 2007. Earlier the police had recovered around 1,500 kilograms of explosives buried underground in the region along with a cache of 500 kilograms of Ammonium Nitrate in March this year.
The forest area located on the border of Gaya is a major hub of Maoists in the region. (ANI)
- Huge explosives haul made in Jharkhand - Feb 02, 2012
- Arms recovered from Maoist hideout in Bihar - Oct 20, 2010
- Explosives seized in Bihar's Munger District - Aug 29, 2010
- Huge explosives haul recovered in Maoist hub - Nov 14, 2011
- Explosives seized in Uttar Pradesh's Sonbhadra - Nov 02, 2011
- Jharkhand police recover explosives from a Maoist bunker - Jul 24, 2010
- Explosives seized from Maoist hideout - Jan 25, 2011
- UP police arrests one for supplying arms to Maoists - May 21, 2010
- Explosives seized in Bihar - Dec 12, 2009
- Huge cache of explosive seized in UP - Jun 09, 2012
- Huge cache of arms recovered from suspected Maoists in West Bengal - Sep 25, 2010
- More explosive chemical recovered from Ranchi - Feb 07, 2011
- Huge consignment of mining explosives seized - Jan 15, 2011
- Five arrested with explosives - Aug 04, 2011
- Man held with explosives in Chhattisgarh - Jun 14, 2011