40 killed, 100 injured in Jodhpur temple stampedeSeptember 30th, 2008 - 11:17 am ICT by ANI
Jodhpur, Sept 30 (ANI): At least 40 people were killed and over 100 were injured, when a stampede occurred at the Chamunda Devi Temple in Jodhpur today.
The devotees in huge number, especially women, had gathered at the temple from early morning in view of the Navratra festival.
According to sources, out of 40, 30 bodies were brought to Mahatma Gandhi Hospital and the remaining 10 to Mathura Das Hospital here.
The reason for the stampede was not known yet. (ANI)
- Over 100 killed, 200 injured in Jodhpur temple stampede - Sep 30, 2008
- Stampedes at religious places in over a decade - Nov 08, 2011
- Over 180 killed in Jodhpur temple stampede - Sep 30, 2008
- Thousands of devotees throng Himachal temples - Sep 28, 2011
- Ten devotees killed in Bihar stampede - Oct 17, 2010
- Indian Festival Stampede: More than 50 pilgrims killed - Jan 15, 2011
- How to stop stampedes: Lessons for India - Nov 23, 2011
- One dead, two injured in Agra stampede - Jul 14, 2012
- Probe ordered into Rajasthan hospital deaths - Sep 02, 2011
- Devotees throng Himachal temples with onset of Shravan - Jul 20, 2012
- Congress targets Uttarakhand over Haridwar stampede - Nov 09, 2011
- 40 killed, 120 injured in temple stampede in Rajasthan - Sep 30, 2008
- Second case of rats mutilation in Rajasthan - Jan 14, 2012
- 10 killed in Bihar temple stampede (Lead) - Oct 17, 2010
- Navratri begins with fervour in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 28, 2011