4 million toppling dominoes set new world recordNovember 20th, 2008 - 12:23 pm ICT by ANI
London, November 19 (ANI): Dominoes fans rejoiced as they set a new world record by toppling four million pieces in two hours.
The aphorism patience is a virtue couldnt be, perhaps, more true in the case of the Holland team, which put in its tremendous effort to mark the countrys National Domino Day.
The successful show, on the day that attempts to set a world record for the highest number of toppling domino stones, organised each year by Endemol Netherlands, had been screened in eight countries, reports the Sun.
The team had taken eight weeks to prepare the fantastic display before it went on to topple ten previous record - including highest stack and fastest toppling.
While the officials counted 4,354,027 final pieces, former Miss Finland Salima Peippo had initiated the massive crumble by suspending herself from the roof.
The display had featured a rocket and a hot air balloon along with a small bird flapping its wings to honour a sparrow shot and killed after knocking over 23,000 pieces at a 2005 attempt. (ANI)
- Human dominoes smash Guinness World Record - Jul 16, 2012
- Australian chef creates world record for tallest pancake stack - Feb 27, 2012
- World record for human mattress dominoes broken by 400 Brits - Oct 04, 2010
- This year celebrate 'Sparrow Holi' - Mar 20, 2011
- Modern sparrows sing louder to be heard - Apr 05, 2012
- Shakira receives star on Walk Of Fame - Nov 09, 2011
- Bigg Boss 4 Day 50: Housemates have a ball playing the villagers vs. city people game - Nov 24, 2010
- Maharashtra man enters Limca Book of Records (With Images) - Jun 09, 2011
- Russia allocates $19 mn more for sports infrastructure - Nov 16, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan in trouble over her unpaid tanning salon bill - May 29, 2012
- Domino's Pizza gets new marketing vice president - Mar 31, 2011
- Depp's 'Pirates Of The Caribbean' gear to go on show at British exhibition - Dec 18, 2010
- Shimla to hold bird chase to log winged residents - Apr 23, 2011
- Rourkela Steel records highest ever December production - Jan 03, 2012
- Winged visitors keep date with Pong wetlands - Nov 17, 2010
Tags: aphorism, domino day, dominoes, endemol, holland, honour, hot air balloon, london, million pieces, miss finland, netherlands, new world record, patience is a virtue, salima peippo, small bird, sparrow, stack, successful show, sun, wings