4 BSF personnel injured in Pak s another infiltration bidAugust 26th, 2008 - 2:54 pm ICT by ANI
Jammu, Aug 26 (ANI): Four Border Security Force (BSF) personnel wereinjured on Tuesdaywhen Pakistan troops opened fire at the BSF posts along the border in Sabzian area of Poonch District this morning.
The wounded have been admitted to hospital and their condition is stated to be out of danger.
Under the cover of the indiscriminate firing which took place between 12.30 a.m. to 2:00 a.m. on intervening night of Monday-Tuesday a big group of militants managed to cut open the fence and three to four militants of them have sneaked into the Indian side. The Army has been alerted.
“A massive operation is on to track down the militants as the BSF, the Army and the police have cordoned off the entire belt and tracker dogs have been pressed into the operation,” BSF Deputy Inspector General S Sagwan said.
With this, the number of ceasefire violations by Pakistani troops at the Line of Control (LoC) as well as the International Border has risen to 29, since January 2008. (ANI)
- BSF trooper killed in Pakistani firing in Jammu (Lead) - Jan 11, 2010
- Pakistan again violates LoC truce - Mar 22, 2012
- Pakistan violates ceasefire along LoC (Second Lead) - Aug 19, 2010
- Pakistani troops violate ceasefire, Indian soldier injured - Jan 13, 2011
- India to Pakistan: Truce violations jeopardise peace - Jun 23, 2012
- Army foils infiltration bid in Kashmir - Jan 04, 2012
- Pakistani troops fire rockets at Indian posts (Lead) - Oct 27, 2010
- Pak violates cease-fire in Poonch district, one soldier killed - Oct 25, 2010
- Pakistani troops violate ceasefire in Kashmir - Aug 26, 2011
- Ceasefire violation at LoC in J&K; - May 22, 2012
- Vigilance increased along LoC in Kashmir to check infiltration - Dec 29, 2010
- Pakistani troops again open heavy fire at Indian posts - Jan 20, 2010
- Pakistan Army, Rangers fire on Indian posts on LoC, border (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Pakistani troops fire rockets at six Indian posts (Night Lead) - Oct 28, 2010
- Pakistani troops fire at six Indian posts (Second Lead) - Oct 27, 2010