3G-auction closes after ensuring over Rs 70,000 crore revenue to CentreMay 19th, 2010 - 10:03 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, May 19 (ANI): The auction for 3G licence concluded on Wednesday with bids for pan-India licence touching to the tune of Rs 16,828 crore.
The bidding ensures the Union Government a revenue of Rs 70,000 crore - which is double the amount of it expected to collect.
The 3G services would allow users to access high-speed data downloads on mobile phones.
Reportedly, Bharti Airtel, Idea and Vodafone Essar have won in some of the circles in the auction that lasted 34 days.
Details of who have secured all-India licence, are awaited.
As per the latest figures, the pan-India licence bid touched Rs 16,828 crore compared to the reserve price of Rs 3,500 crore.
With the close of auction for 3G telephony spectrum, the Centre would commence the auction for Broadband Wireless Access (BWA) spectrum in a couple of days.
Nine leading mobile operators, including Bharti Airtel, Vodafone, RCom and the Tatas, had entered the auction to grab spectrum for 3G services.(ANI)
- Raja glad at the overwhelming response to 3G spectrum bids - May 20, 2010
- BWA auction ends, government reaps $8.5 bn - Jun 11, 2010
- Bharti Airtel to launch 4G services in Kolkata - Apr 03, 2012
- BWA auction fetches at $7.67 bn - Jun 08, 2010
- Sibal to launch Bharti Airtel's 4G services Tuesday - Apr 09, 2012
- India reaps billions from BWA auction, biggies stay away (Lead) - Jun 11, 2010
- BWA auction completes 110 rounds, accruals at $6.89 billion - Jun 09, 2010
- Pan-India BWA licence price up at Rs.2,353 crore (Lead) - May 24, 2010
- Huawei to manage Bharti Airtel's 4G network in Karnataka - May 01, 2012
- BWA spectrum auction fetches Rs. 38,300 crore - Jun 11, 2010
- Delhi attracts highest bids on second day of 3G spectrum auction - Apr 10, 2010
- BWA auction accruals at $ 8.51 bn - Jun 10, 2010
- BWA auction earns $5.14 bn, pan-India licence $1.9 bn - Jun 03, 2010
- Revenue from BWA auction at $5.3 bn, pan-India licence price at $1.7 bn - Jun 01, 2010
- Revenue from BWA auction at Rs.15,735 crore - May 28, 2010
Tags: 3g services, auction, broadband wireless, circles, couple of days, high speed data, India, mobile operators, mobile phones, New Delhi, rcom, spectrum, tatas, union government, vodafone, vodafone essar, wireless access