34 killed, 10 injured in road accident in Uttar PradeshDecember 26th, 2010 - 12:30 pm ICT by ANI
Lucknow, Dec 26 (ANI): As many as 34 people were killed, and 10 others injured in a collision between a bus and a mini-truck in Badayun district of Uttar Pradesh on late Saturday evening.
“A bus from the Uttar Pradesh roadways and a mini-truck collided near the highway. Thirty-four people have been confirmed dead in the accident. Ten people have been severely injured,” District Magistrate of Badayun Amit Gupta said.
The injured have been admitted in hospitals of Badayun.
The accident occurred when a speeding bus slammed into the mini-truck on a highway near Badayun.
According to witnesses, the mini-truck was completely destroyed in the crash.
The mini-truck was ferrying members of a funeral procession from Badayun when it was hit by the bus coming from the opposite side.
“We were returning after performing last rites of a relative. A bus, coming from the opposite side, hit our DCM truck. According to me, at least 50 people have died in the accident,” Devendra, one of the survivors of the crash, said.
Soon after the incident, locals rushed to the spot to rescue the survivors from the mangled remains of the vehicles. (ANI)
- 34 killed in Uttar Pradesh accident (Lead) - Dec 26, 2010
- Two killed, seven injured in Agra truck crash - May 11, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh accident toll now 36 - Dec 26, 2010
- One killed as school bus collides with mini-truck - Feb 05, 2012
- At least 36 die in fatal bus crash in India - Dec 27, 2010
- 10 killed in Gurgaon road accident (Lead) - Nov 16, 2011
- Two killed in two Noida accidents - Jul 13, 2011
- Five killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident - Apr 30, 2010
- One killed, 21 students injured in accident - Oct 03, 2011
- Six of family killed in accident - Oct 13, 2011
- One killed in road accident - Dec 09, 2011
- Nine killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Jun 19, 2010
- Eight dead as vehicle slams into bus in UP - Apr 21, 2012
- Ghaziabad accident claims 7 lives - Aug 23, 2011
- Six pilgrims killed in Haryana accident - Oct 16, 2010