30 missing after vehicle falls into riverNovember 5th, 2011 - 10:02 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Nov 5 (IANS) At least 30 people were missing when the crowded minibus in which they were travelling skidded off the road and fell into the Chenab river in Jammu and Kashmir’s Doda district Saturday, police said.
The minibus was on its way from Doda to Thhathri in the mountainous Doda district when the accident took place. Only three injured were rescued and two bodies recovered, a police official said.
According to one of the rescued passengers, there were more than 30 people on board the vehicle.
“No body has been recovered from the river so far,” a police official told IANS over phone.
- 20 feared dead in bus mishap - Feb 10, 2012
- 20 killed in Kashmir accident (Lead) - Feb 10, 2012
- Mini-bus with 25 people falls in Jammu river, two escape - Jul 23, 2010
- Two killed, 30 injured in Kashmir road accident - Jan 02, 2011
- 13 killed in road accident in Jammu - May 30, 2012
- Rain continues in Jammu, many trapped - Aug 05, 2012
- Six killed as van falls into gorge - Jul 26, 2011
- 8 killed as bus falls into gorge in Jammu - Aug 21, 2012
- 15 Ladakh artists killed in Himachal bus accident - Aug 15, 2011
- 25 killed in Kashmir road accident (Second Lead) - Sep 07, 2009
- Eight pilgrims killed in Himachal (Lead) - Jul 15, 2012
- 22 die in Kashmir road accident - Sep 13, 2011
- IAF rescues marooned civilians in Jammu - Aug 05, 2012
- 20 killed in Kashmir road accident (Lead) - Sep 07, 2009
- 9 killed in two road accidents in Jammu region - Mar 24, 2012