27 killed in road accident in Jammu and Kashmir (Lead)May 4th, 2009 - 1:44 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, May 4 (IANS) At least 27 people were killed and five injured when the mini bus they were travelling in fell into the Chenab river in Jammu and Kashmir’s Kishtwar district Monday morning, police said.
The accident occurred at about 9 a.m. near Bandarkot village, nearly 240 km from here.
Police said that injured were shifted to Jammu by helicopter. Army divers were involved in the rescue operations.
Preliminary investigations revealed that the driver of the bus was not able to negotiate the steep curve on the narrow road when another vehicle was coming from the opposite direction.
- 27 killed as bus falls into river (Second Lead) - May 04, 2009
- 20 killed in road accident in Jammu and Kashmir - May 04, 2009
- 30 dead in Jammu and Kashmir bus accident (Third Lead) - May 04, 2009
- 20 feared dead in bus mishap - Feb 10, 2012
- 9 killed in two road accidents in Jammu region - Mar 24, 2012
- Mini-bus with 25 people falls in Jammu river, two escape - Jul 23, 2010
- 20 killed in Kashmir accident (Lead) - Feb 10, 2012
- 21 killed, nine injured as bus falls into Chenab river in Jammu - May 04, 2009
- 5 die as bus falls into george in Jammu - Sep 07, 2012
- Bus mishap in Doda, many could be killed: police - Jun 07, 2009
- 25 killed in Kashmir road accident (Second Lead) - Sep 07, 2009
- Eight pilgrims killed in Himachal (Lead) - Jul 15, 2012
- 26 missing in Jammu and Kashmir bus accident (Lead) - Jun 07, 2009
- 15 Ladakh artists killed in Himachal bus accident - Aug 15, 2011
- 30 missing after vehicle falls into river - Nov 05, 2011