26 killed in Jammu road accident (Lead)June 24th, 2009 - 12:34 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, June 24 (IANS) At least 26 people were killed and 20 others injured when two buses collided in the Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir Wednesday, police said.
Two buses coming from opposite directions collided head-on at Panthal, about 45 km north of Jammu. Bodies of 26 people have been recovered by the rescue teams and the injured have been hospitalised, a police officer said.
The officer said at least 10 injured have been brought to the Government Medical College Hospital here. The condition of all the injured is said to be critical.
“Rash driving by the drivers of the two vehicles is the reason for the accident,” an official of the traffic police said.
- Six killed in Rajasthan accident - Jul 27, 2012
- 15 killed in Jammu road accident - Jun 24, 2009
- Indonesia: 14 dead, 40 injured in West Java bus accident - Feb 11, 2012
- Three hurt as speeding car hits bike in Delhi - Apr 15, 2012
- DTC buses collide, 17 injured - Oct 01, 2011
- 10 killed, 25 injured in Rajasthan bus collision - Sep 11, 2012
- Two killed, 15 wounded in Kashmir road accidents - May 11, 2011
- Six killed, 45 wounded in bangladesh in road accidents - Jul 19, 2011
- 35 injured in bus accident in Rajouri - Jul 25, 2012
- Two killed, 21 hurt in China road accident - Dec 18, 2011
- 12 injured in Valley road accidents - Dec 22, 2010
- 17 killed, several injured in Tamil Nadu bus accident - Dec 02, 2010
- 8 killed as bus falls into gorge in Jammu - Aug 21, 2012
- 8 killed, 18 injured in two Rajasthan accidents - May 11, 2012
- Four killed in Rajasthan bus accident - Apr 28, 2012