23 killed in Assam bus accidentOctober 14th, 2008 - 2:15 pm ICT by ANI
Dhubri (Assam), Oct 14 (ANI): At least 23 people were killed and 44 others injured in a bus accident in lower Assam’’s Dhubri District in the wee hours on Tuesday.
According to official sources, the accident took place at around 12:55 a.m. when a speeding bus collided with a truck at Bengtoli Chariali under Bilasipara police station of the district.
The bus was on its way from Pagladia to Hajo.
Fifteen people died on the spot and eight others, including five women, six children, succumbed to their injuries at Bilasipara Hospital.
The injured are undergoing treatment at district hospital. (ANI)
- 20 killed, many critically injured in Jharkhand road mishap - Sep 19, 2011
- Seven killed in two Bengal road accidents - May 28, 2012
- 10 killed in Orissa road accident - Nov 03, 2011
- 8 killed, 18 injured in two Rajasthan accidents - May 11, 2012
- Five killed in Bengal accident - Jun 15, 2011
- 46 die in road accidents across 3 states (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- Seven killed in two Bengal accidents - Jun 17, 2012
- 27 killed, 21 injured in accidents in northeast - Jul 21, 2012
- Fresh violence in Kokrajhar, three killed - Aug 07, 2012
- 15 killed in Bihar accident - Jun 26, 2010
- Eight killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Jan 21, 2011
- 30 students hurt in Uttar Pradesh accident - Nov 12, 2010
- Five killed in Nepal road accident - Apr 07, 2012
- 12 die in Pakistan accident - Apr 11, 2012
- 34 killed, 10 injured in road accident in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 26, 2010