20pct teen girls text or email their nude pictures to guysDecember 11th, 2008 - 2:53 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Dec 11 (ANI): A new survey has discovered that more and more teen girls are sending out scantily dressed pictures of themselves to guys through cyberspace, without fear of them being made public.
According to the survey, more than 20 per cent teenagers have admitted to e-mailing or texting nude, or semi-nude photos and posting them on online.
While most snaps are meant solely for the recipient, research shows that they often get passed around among friends with one-third of teen boys, and one-quarter of teen girls saying they have seen other people’’s raunchy shots.
It’’s somewhat alarming, the New York Daily News quoted Bill Albert of the National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy, which did the research with CosmoGirl.com, as saying.
Sending or posting sexually suggestive content, both images or messages, is much more prevalent than most people recognize.
I think with a lot of young people, it’’s a time of experimentation in many areas, the problem is there’’s no turning back once you press send.
This to me is like a cyber tattoo, he added.
When the online survey was conducted, 1,280 teens and those in their 20s were questioned about their sex-tech habits, and it was revealed that saucy cyber snaps was not a fad only with the teenage girls.
The trend was also seen in one in five male teenagers who say they have engaged in sex-ting, while thirty-three percent of 20- to 26-year-olds say they do it as well.
The online behaviour can spill into other areas of life, with nearly 25 percent of teens saying swapping sexy photos makes them more aggressive and forward in person. About 33 percent admit it makes dating and hooking up more likely. (ANI)
- Sexting teenagers more likely to have sex - Jul 04, 2012
- Sexting poses risk to teens' health, warns expert - May 10, 2009
- Concerns about teen 'sexting' overblown: Researchers - Dec 05, 2011
- 15 percent of US teens engage in 'sexting': study - Dec 17, 2009
- Naked starlets encouraging sexting among Oz teens - Oct 28, 2010
- Children warned over 'sexting' risks - Feb 08, 2011
- Oz teenagers who engage in 'sexting' could land in jail - Mar 09, 2010
- For teenagers, 'sexting' leads to child porn charges - Jun 06, 2010
- 15pc of teens with cellphones receive 'sexts': US study - Dec 16, 2009
- 11pc Brits 'have had sex with someone they met on Facebook' - Nov 15, 2010
- 1 in 4 UK pupils admit swapping porn images of selves by text message - Mar 18, 2011
- 'Sexting' trend becoming increasingly common among teenagers - Mar 31, 2011
- Teens more safety conscious than previously thought: Study - Jun 25, 2009
- Teen magazine CosmoGirl to fold up - Oct 12, 2008
- Smartphones eating into camera sales in US - Dec 25, 2011
Tags: cyber tattoo, cyberspace, fad, fear, male teenagers, national campaign, new survey, new york daily news, new york dec, nude photos, nude pictures, online survey, raunchy, sexy photos, teen boys, teen girls, teenage girls, ting, unplanned pregnancy, york daily news