19 ministers to be sworn inMay 22nd, 2009 - 4:06 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, May 22 (ANI): With barely four hours to go before Dr. Manmohan Singh is sworn in as Prime Minister for a second consecutive term, sources have revealed that along with him, 19 ministers, a majority of them from the Congress, will be sworn-in.
According to sources, apart from Dr. Singh, Senior Congress leader Pranab Mukherjee, NCP supremo Sharad Pawar, A K Antony, P Chidambaram, Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee, former Chief Ministers S M Krishna, Ghulam Nabi Azad, and Veerappa Moily are among those who will be inducted in the Cabinet.
Sushilkumar Shinde, S Jaipal Reddy, Kamal Nath, Vayalar Ravi, Meira Kumar, Murli Deora, Kapil Sibal, Ambika Soni, B K Handique, Anand Sharma and C P Joshi also figure in the list of ministers, Media Adviser to Prime Minister Deepak Sandhu said in a statement.
This will be followed by an expansion of the council of ministers, including ministers of state as well as those junior ministers who will hold independent charge of their portfolios, in the next few days, the statement said.
The grand ceremony will take place in Ashoka Hall of the Rashtrapati Bhavan where President Pratibha Patil, administer the oath of office and secrecy to Dr. Singh and his council of ministers.
The swearing-in ceremony will commence at 6.30 p.m.
The first session of the newly constituted Lok Sabha was likely to begin from June 2, and was expected to continue till June 10. (ANI)
- Manmohan Singh takes oath as PM along with 19 cabinet ministers - May 22, 2009
- Manmohan Singh calls first Cabinet meet today - May 23, 2009
- PM, 19 cabinet ministers to take oath in first lot - May 22, 2009
- Government's top priority will be restoring economy: PM - May 22, 2009
- 15th Lok Sabha's first session to begin on June 1: Govt. - May 23, 2009
- Cabinet reshuffle today, major changes in portfolios expected - Jan 19, 2011
- Manmohan Singh to take oath as PM today - May 22, 2009
- Ajit Singh sworn-in union minister - Dec 18, 2011
- Khursheed gets law, Trivedi railways in reshuffle - Jul 12, 2011
- Chidambaram new finance minister, Shinde gets home - Jul 31, 2012
- The new council of ministers after Wednesday's reshuffle - Jan 19, 2011
- Gamlin sworn in as Arunachal chief minister (Lead) - May 06, 2011
- Four new faces in union cabinet, Arjun Singh left out (Lead) - May 22, 2009
- 13 new ministers sworn in - Jul 12, 2011
- BJP gives Karnataka third chief minister in four years (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
Tags: ambika soni, anand sharma, congress leader, dr manmohan singh, ghulam nabi azad, jaipal reddy, kamal nath, kapil sibal, list of ministers, Lok Sabha, manmohan singh, media adviser, meira kumar, murli deora, p chidambaram, president pratibha patil, sharad pawar, trinamool congress chief, vayalar ravi, veerappa