18 Air India flights take off as per scheduleOctober 1st, 2009 - 12:15 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Oct 1 (ANI): Air India flights took off for various destinations as per schedule here on Thursday, a day after its executive pilots called off their strike.
According to an airlines official, flight operations have returned to normal and 18 morning flights have taken off as per schedule.
Flights to Delhi-Frankfurt- Chicago, Mumbai-Frankfurt-Chicago, Mumbai-London, Delhi- London, Amritsar-London-Toronto and Ahmedabad-Frankfurt flights operated as per schedule.
The airlines’ flights to Southeast Asia also took off as per schedule.
According to reports, the airlines’ has planned to increase the number of seats offered on special fares to attract more passengers.
The pilots began their strike on Saturday, weakening the turnaround plan of the ailing carrier.
Earlier this month, hundreds of pilots at India’s largest private carrier by passengers, Jet Airways (India) Ltd went on mass sick leave for six days to protest against the firing of two pilots instrumental in forming a pilots’ union. (ANI)
- Air India's 'sick' pilots continue protest, four flights cancelled (Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Air India to resume flights to most global destinations - Aug 12, 2012
- Air India crisis: 10 pilots sacked, court steps in (Third Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Air India crisis: 26 pilots sacked, court steps in (Fourth Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Court steps in to normalise Air India operations (Second Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Nine pilots sacked, eight flights cancelled (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Air India flies out stranded British Airways passengers - May 26, 2012
- Air India moves Supreme Court as pilots strike rocks parliament (Roundup) - May 10, 2012
- Air India suspends Sunday flights to Europe, US - Apr 17, 2010
- India-Europe flights unaffected as of now - May 25, 2011
- Air India pilots' strike enters fifth day - May 12, 2012
- Lufthansa introduces new jet service, hopes to increase India market share - Aug 08, 2012
- Air India strike continues for 19th day, losses at Rs.290 crore - May 26, 2012
- Holidaymakers hit as Air India, Kingfisher flights cancelled - May 11, 2012
- Air India, Jet Airways resume flights to Europe - Apr 21, 2010
Tags: ahmedabad, air india, airlines flights, amritsar, flight operations, frankfurt, india ltd, jet airways india, london, morning flights, mumbai, New Delhi, pilots union, private carrier, schedule flights, sick leave, six days, southeast asia, toronto, turnaround plan