17 million rupees worth heroin seizedJune 17th, 2009 - 7:49 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, June 17 (ANI): The crime branch of the Delhi Police on Tuesday seized heroin worth 17 million rupees from possession of a man who was “wanted” the narcotics branch.
“1700 grams of heroin has been seized from the man. He has been detained under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, (NDPS). He was wanted by the narcotics branch in another case as well. So he has been detained for the previous case and for possession of 1700 grams of heroin this time,” said Sanjay Tyagi, ACP, Crime Branch, New Delhi.
Tyagi identified the accused as Prahlad Meena, 25, from Rajasthan.
The accused has been held by the Rajasthan police previously and is said to have been in the narcotics trade for the past four to five years.
According to the police, Meena’s father had also been involved in the same trade. (ANI)
- Drug peddler held in capital - Jan 13, 2011
- Indian soldier held with drugs - May 17, 2011
- Man held with heroin worth Rs.1 crore in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 01, 2011
- Drug smuggler arrested in Rajasthan - Dec 18, 2011
- Nigerian, Nepali aide held, heroin seized - Feb 19, 2011
- Drugs worth Rs.1 crore seized - Dec 17, 2010
- Mumbai rave party organiser remanded to police custody (Lead) - May 21, 2012
- 44 at Juhu rave party test positive for drugs - Jun 22, 2012
- Nigerian arrested with 2.5 kg heroin - Apr 29, 2010
- Goa policeman arrested for links with drug dealer - Mar 18, 2010
- US national arrested with drugs in Goa - Aug 03, 2011
- Two drug peddlers jailed for 10 years - Apr 24, 2012
- Morphine seized in Guwahati - May 31, 2012
- Six Goa policemen held for links to narcotics mafia (Lead) - Mar 18, 2010
- Commando held with contraband in Delhi - Feb 25, 2011