Farmers to get extension in interest subsidiesFebruary 16th, 2009 - 5:37 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb 16 (ANI): Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee on Monday announced an extension of interest subsidies to debt-hit farmers, and said the government would continue with the interest subvention scheme for farmers for loans up to Rs. 300,000.
The government will continue to provide interest subvention scheme in 2009-10 to ensure that farmers get short-term crop loans up to Rs three lakh at seven per cent per annum, Mukherjee told Parliament while presenting the vote-on account for 2009-10.
To strengthen the short-term credit structure, a revival package in 25 states involving financial assistance of about Rs 13,500 crore is also being implemented by the government, he added.
The Finance Minister highlighted the focused attention given by the Government to the farming sector. The highlights include 300 per cent rise in Plan allocation for agriculture in the last five years and launch of Rs. 25,000 crore Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana to increase farm growth to four per cent per year during the XI Plan.
In the last four years, agriculture has not only staged a turn around but also achieved record food grain output.
Mukherjee indicated that the government has increased plan allocation for agriculture by 300 per cent in the last five years, provided the largest ever debt waiver package to farmers. (ANI)
- Highlights of Union Budget 2011-12 (Part-III) - Feb 28, 2011
- Allocation for agriculture up 18 percent - Mar 16, 2012
- Agriculture reform at heart of Pranab's budget - Feb 28, 2011
- Cabinet releases Rs.10,091 crore for crop loan subsidies - Sep 06, 2012
- Pranab to farmers: Payback loan on time and get two percent subvention - Feb 26, 2010
- Record food production in 2010-11, says president - Mar 12, 2012
- India continues to face inflation, cause for concern: Mukherjee - Feb 28, 2011
- Cabinet nod for continuing farmers' loan scheme - Sep 06, 2012
- Biggest challenge before nation is to ensure inclusive growth: Mukherjee - Mar 12, 2011
- Pradeep Jain thanks FM for giving due importance to real estate sector - Feb 28, 2011
- Loan subvention scheme extended to fishermen (Lead, superseding previous story) - Mar 11, 2011
- Home loan subvention scheme extended to fishermen - Mar 11, 2011
- Plan allocation for agriculture up 300 percent in five years - Feb 16, 2009
- In agriculture, credit flow of Rs. 3,25,000 crore targeted for 2009-10 - Jul 06, 2009
- Drought-hit farmers get additional time to repay loans - Feb 26, 2010
Tags: agriculture, credit structure, crop loans, crore, debt waiver, farmers, farming sector, finance minister, financial assistance, food grain, interest subsidies, lakh, New Delhi, parliament, pranab mukherjee, record food, revival package, vote, waiver package, yojana