Vajpaayee is making steady progressFebruary 13th, 2009 - 5:07 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb 13, (ANI): The condition of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, who is being treated at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), is improving.
Doctors attending on him said that his pneumonia is under control and other parameters like, heart, kidney, liver and blood pressure were normal.
Vajpayee is still on a mechanical ventilator. He is still in ICU. But he is making steady progress, an AIIMS statement said.
The 84-year-old BJP leader was admitted to the AIIMS on February 3 with complaints of fever and chest congestion. It was later diagnosed that he was suffering from pneumonia.
When his condition deteriorated on the evening of February 6, he had to be put on mechanical ventilator support.
However, after some days Vajpayee showed considerable improvement and his dependence on ventilator support has been reduced. (ANI)
- Vajpayee showing signs of recovery: AIIMS - Feb 10, 2009
- Vajpayee''s health improving, say AIIMS doctors - Feb 19, 2009
- Vajpayee is stable and recovering: AIIMS - Feb 08, 2009
- Vajpayee's condition improving - Feb 11, 2009
- Vajpayee still in ICU, but shows improvement - Feb 10, 2009
- Vajpayee''s health better - Feb 14, 2009
- Vajpayee''s health improving - Feb 18, 2009
- Vajpayee stable, responding to treatment - Feb 08, 2009
- Vajpayee still in hospital, condition stable - Feb 09, 2009
- Vajpayee fully conscious and breathing on his own: AIIMS - Feb 15, 2009
- Vajpayee put on mechanical ventilator support at AIIMS - Feb 06, 2009
- Vajpayee showing steady improvement:AIIMS - Feb 23, 2009
- Vajpayee taken off ventilator, stable - Feb 15, 2009
- Vajpayee continues to be on ventilator support - Feb 07, 2009
- Vajpayee's condition serious - Feb 07, 2009
Tags: aiims, all india institute of medical sciences, bjp leader, blood pressure, chest congestion, dependence, doctors, fever, former prime minister, heart, india institute, kidney, liver, mechanical ventilator, New Delhi, parameters, pneumonia, steady progress, vajpayee, ventilator support