15 pilgrims killed in Jammu bus accident (Second Lead)July 15th, 2012 - 5:54 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, July 15 (IANS) At least 15 people were killed and more than 18 injured when a bus carrying pilgrims returning from the Amarnath shrine fell into a gorge in Jammu and Kashmir Saturday night, police said.
The incident occurred at 11.30 p.m. after the bus skidded off the Jammu-Srinagar highway near Digdole, 165 km from here, they said.
Ten bus passengers died on the spot and the rest at a hospital in Ramban, where the injured were taken.
Police said some of the passengers were missing and they were searching for them.
- 10 pilgrims killed in Jammu bus accident (Lead) - Jul 15, 2012
- 10 pilgrims killed in Jammu accident - Jul 15, 2012
- 16 Amarnath devotees killed as truck falls into gorge (Second Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- 13 killed in road accident in Jammu - May 30, 2012
- 22 die in Kashmir road accident - Sep 13, 2011
- 16 pilgrims killed after truck falls into gorge in India - Jul 28, 2012
- Six Amarnath pilgrims killed in road accident - Jul 03, 2010
- Eight die in Kashmir road accidents - Oct 23, 2011
- 9 killed in two road accidents in Jammu region - Mar 24, 2012
- Eight pilgrims killed in Himachal (Lead) - Jul 15, 2012
- Two killed in Kashmir bus accident - Jul 11, 2012
- Five killed in Jammu bus accident - Jun 09, 2012
- 16 Amarnath pilgrims killed as truck falls into gorge (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- 16 pilgrims killed in Jammu - Jul 27, 2012
- 8 killed as bus falls into gorge in Jammu - Aug 21, 2012