15 Pak FC soldiers found dead in SwatOctober 23rd, 2008 - 11:36 am ICT by ANI
Mingora, Oct 23 (ANI): At least 15 soldiers belonging to the Frontier Constabulary (FC) and five Taliban were found dead in Kabal tehsil of Swat on Wednesday.
The FC troops had gone missing after a fight with Taliban that broke out last evening after a roadside bomb targeted a paramilitary convoy in the Sarsenai area. After the exchange of fire that lasted for several hours, more than 20 troops went missing but today we found 15 dead bodies at the site, Noor Rehman, a police officer in Kabal, said.
Taliban spokesman Muslim Khan also confirmed that as many as 15 FC personnel and five Taliban were killed in the fighting, reported the Daily Times.
Swat police chief Dilawar Bangash said an injured Taliban commander, identified as Sardar Ali, had been arrested.
Unidentified men killed FC Hawaldar Nawab Shehzad in Kanjoo, and a police constable was abducted from Char Bazaar in Charbagh tehsil.
In Bajaur, security forces backed by helicopter gunships and jet fighters targeted suspected Taliban hideouts in the Nawagai and Mamond tehsils killing more than 12 Taliban and injuring 10. Several Taliban dens in the Charmang, Chinar and Zorbandar areas of the agency were destroyed, FC men told Daily Times.
In another incident, a Salarzai tribal militia burnt 12 houses on Wednesday, which, they said, belonged to Taliban commanders. The houses were located in the Banda and Ghundai areas of Salarzai tehsil.
Two Lashkar-e-Islam (LI) men were killed in a clash with security forces in Khyber Agency on Wednesday, when they were stopped at the BC-1 checkpoint while on their way from Jamrud to Bara tehsil. Two children passing by were also killed in the crossfire. (ANI)
- Two Pakistani Taliban leaders killed - Sep 02, 2012
- 15 Taliban killed as Pak troops target their hideouts in Bajaur - Oct 21, 2008
- Pak security forces kill 22 militants in Bajaur - Nov 22, 2008
- Two militant commanders nabbed in Pakistan - Sep 23, 2009
- Pak forces kill six key Taliban commanders in Swat - Apr 27, 2010
- Pak troops kill 12 Taliban in Bajaur, tribals form lashkars to support Army - Oct 25, 2008
- Another female Taliban victim demands justice - Dec 06, 2010
- 20 Taliban killed, 10 hurt in Pak security forces Bajaur operation - Nov 08, 2008
- 44 Taliban killed in Bajaur Agency as Mohmand braces for new offensive - Nov 21, 2008
- 18 militants killed in army operation in Pakistan - Aug 30, 2012
- 12 bombers among 27 Taliban killed by Pak security forces in Orakzai Agency - Oct 13, 2008
- After girls school, now Taliban destroys two boys school in Bajaur - May 03, 2010
- Leader of Haqqani network killed in Afghanistan - Oct 05, 2011
- 14 Taliban killed in Bajaur Agency - Oct 15, 2008
- 43 more Taliban killed as Pak forces continue to pound militants in FATA - Jun 23, 2010
Tags: 12 houses, abducted, bazaar, chinar, convoy, dead bodies, helicopter gunships, hideouts, jamrud, jet fighters, militia, noor, police constable, roadside bomb, sardar ali, swat police, taliban, taliban commander, tehsil, unidentified men