1.5 kg IED found on Amarnath shrine routeJuly 31st, 2008 - 3:46 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar, July 31 (ANI): Security forces on Thursday unearthed a 1.5 kg Improvised Explosive Device (IED) on Amarnath Yatra route and defused it.
According to CRPF spokesman Ajay Chaturvedi, the IED was found in a bag near the parking area in Manigaon on the shrine route.
The operation was conducted this morning by a patrolling team of the 118 battalion of the CRPF.
Investigation to gather more information related to the incident is on, Chaturvedi added. (ANI)
- CRPF troopers defuse bomb on Jammu-Srinagar highway - Jul 12, 2012
- Powerful explosive device found in Srinagar - Jun 30, 2011
- Army defuses 5 kg bomb on Kashmir roadside - Nov 17, 2011
- IED detected in Srinagar, defused (Lead) - Oct 18, 2010
- IED found in Srinagar, defused - Oct 18, 2010
- Maoist held, bomb defused in Jharkhand - May 28, 2011
- CRPF personnel pedal away in Kashmir - Jul 24, 2012
- Two injured in IED blast in Srinagar - Sep 09, 2009
- CRPF learns to tackle IEDs - Jul 08, 2011
- 12,000 pilgrims arrive for Amarnath Yatra - Jun 24, 2012
- Explosives, arms found in Assam - May 17, 2012
- Army foils militants' plan to target Amarnath pilgrims - Jun 22, 2009
- Four CRPF personnel killed, 36 injured in Assam blast - Jul 30, 2010
- 32,000 pilgrims perform Amarnath Yatra in three days - Jun 27, 2012
- Weather improves, Amarnath pilgrims allowed towards shrine (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012