14 Patna cops transferred uproar over woman’s strippingJuly 25th, 2009 - 11:17 pm ICT by ANI
Patna, July 25 (ANI): Facing flak over public stripping of a woman here in full media glare, Bihar governmenton Saturdaytransferred 14 senior police officers, including an Inspector General of Police, Deputy Inspector General of police and five senior superintendents of police.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has ordered an inquiry into the incident allegedly by a group of men.
Inspector General (IG) (central zone) Sunil Kumar, Deputy Inspector-General (DIG) (central range) J S Gangwar, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) (Patna) R Malar Vizhi and Superintendents of Police (SP) Anwar Hussain were shifted.
Three other SPs of Patna East, Patna West and Patna rural and all seven deputy superintendents of police, who are entrusted with the task of maintaining peace in the state capital, were also transferred on Saturday.
Earlier, reacting to the incident, the National Commission for Women (NCW) chief Girija Vyas had sent a notice to the Police Commissioner and Chief Secretary of the State in order to take stringent action against the guilty. (ANI)
- Akhilesh transfers 112 cops - Mar 27, 2012
- Punjab transfers 30 senior police officers - Aug 05, 2012
- Bihar rights panel helps NRI abused by IPS - Jun 17, 2011
- 33 IPS officers shifted in UP, power chief also booted out - Jul 31, 2012
- A Tamil Nadu-born police officer acts in Bhojpuri film - May 03, 2012
- UP reverses Mayawati's police change - Mar 20, 2012
- Saharanpur DIG's conduct unacceptable, says Akhilesh - May 10, 2012
- Probe into passport on fake address to Hasan Ali - Mar 11, 2011
- Kill eloped daughter, suggests senior UP cop - May 09, 2012
- UP removes police officer for backing honour killing - May 11, 2012
- Two contractors abducted for ransom in Bihar - Jul 08, 2009
- Bihar rights panel asks police chief to explain lathicharge - Sep 15, 2011
- Man held with ammunition outside Nitish meeting in Bihar - Jul 09, 2012
- UP cop advocates honour killing, NCW wants him suspended - May 09, 2012
- No arrest so far in teen burning case; mother 'inconsolable' - May 17, 2012
Tags: bihar, central zone, chief minister, chief secretary, deputy inspector general, deputy superintendents, flak, girija, glare, hussain, malar, nitish kumar, patna, police commissioner, secretary of the state, sps, stringent action, sunil kumar, uproar, vyas