12 Telangana MLAs suspended from Andhra Pradesh assemblyFebruary 23rd, 2011 - 5:28 pm ICT by ANI
Hyderabad, Feb 23 (ANI): Twelve Telangana MLAs were suspended from the Andhra Pradesh assembly for a day on Wednesday, as they disrupted the proceedings demanding the House to pass a resolution for the formation of a separate Telangana state.
The Deputy Speaker of Andhra Pradesh assembly, Nadendla Manohar, announced the suspension of eight MLAs of the Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) and four of the Communist Party of India (CPI) after Legislative Affairs Minister Sridhar Babu moved a resolution.
Despite appeals by the Deputy Speaker, the suspended MLAs refused to leave the podium of the House, and continued to raiser slogans of ‘Jai Telangana’, and disrupting the budget speech of Finance minister Anam Ramnarayan Reddy.
The Andhra Pradesh assembly was earlier adjourned twice as the pro Telangana legislators stalled proceedings, demanding a resolution on Telangana and release of protesters arrested during the ongoing 48 hour Telangana shutdown.
Deputy Speaker Nadendla Manohar has adjourned the house till Friday.
Earlier on February 18, three TRS and two TDP MLAs were suspended from attending House proceedings for a week for sloganeering during Governor ESL Narasimhan’s address on the opening day of the Budget session.
Several Telangana-related protests and shutdowns have brought Andhra Pradesh to a stand still.
The Central Government has appointed a judicial commission headed by former Supreme Court Justice Srikrishna to look into issue.
The report, submitted to Union Home Minister P. Chidambaram in December last year, has suggested at least six options, including maintaining status quo in the state or bifurcating the state. (ANI)
- Telangana issue rocks Andhra assembly again, 12 members suspended (Lead) - Feb 23, 2011
- 12 Telangana legislators suspended from Andhra assembly - Feb 23, 2011
- Andhra assembly remains paralysed over Telangana issue - Feb 26, 2011
- Telangana trouble continues in Andhra assembly - Feb 25, 2011
- Andhra assembly paralysed over Telangana issue - Mar 03, 2011
- Telangana impasse continues in Andhra assembly - Feb 22, 2011
- Lawmakers interrupt Andhra assembly proceedings - Feb 21, 2011
- Five Andhra legislators suspended for ruckus in assembly (Lead) - Feb 18, 2011
- Shutdown impact on Andhra assembly - Sep 20, 2012
- Telangana Congress legislators boycott Andhra assembly - Feb 28, 2011
- Deadlock continues in Andhra assembly (Lead) - Feb 21, 2012
- Andhra assembly stalled over members' suspension - Feb 21, 2011
- TRS stalls Andhra assembly for second day - Feb 18, 2011
- Andhra assembly adjourned for second day without business - Dec 02, 2011
- Telangana issue again rocks Andhra assembly - Sep 18, 2012
Tags: affairs minister, anam, babu, budget session, budget speech, central government, communist party of india, deputy speaker, finance minister, jai telangana, judicial commission, legislative affairs, manohar, narasimhan, p chidambaram, shutdowns, sridhar, supreme court justice, trs, union home minister