12 Taliban surrender, six killed in Bajaur Army operationNovember 11th, 2008 - 3:12 pm ICT by ANI
Khar, Nov 11 (ANI): Around 13 Taliban fighters were killed and several injured in a Pakistani Army operation in Swat and Bajaur on Monday.
According to official sources, five of the Taliban, including a local commander, were killed in clashes in Moragai and Shalkho areas of Matta tehsil, while another two were killed in a separate clash in Swats Kabal tehsil.
The remaining six were killed in Bajaurs Sewai and Damadola areas when jets bombarded Taliban hideouts. The bombing destroyed their underground hideouts, and so far six deaths have been confirmed, the Daily Times quoted local administration official Jamil Khan as saying.
In a related development, 12 Taliban commanders surrendered before the political administration at a jirga of Otmankhel tribes in Bajaur Agency on Monday, officials and.
Frontier Constabulary officials said that the commanders had assured the jirga and the political authorities that they would not side with the Taliban in future. Locals said the jirga was held in Khar, where tribal elders handed over the 12 wanted individuals to the political authorities.
Salarzai and Mamoond tribes also held separate anti-Taliban jirgas in Bajaur on Monday. (ANI)
- 18 militants killed in army operation in Pakistan - Aug 30, 2012
- Pak troops kill 12 Taliban in Bajaur, tribals form lashkars to support Army - Oct 25, 2008
- 15 Taliban killed as Pak troops target their hideouts in Bajaur - Oct 21, 2008
- Pak forces kill six key Taliban commanders in Swat - Apr 27, 2010
- Pakistani fighter jets pound FATA, 12 Taliban killed - Jul 05, 2010
- Two Pakistani Taliban leaders killed - Sep 02, 2012
- Three Taliban among 10 killed in clashes with tribal elders in Bajaur Agency - Nov 19, 2008
- Security forces kill seven militants in Pakistan - Nov 10, 2008
- 20 Taliban killed, 10 hurt in Pak security forces Bajaur operation - Nov 08, 2008
- Suicide attack in Pakistan affront to humanity: Obama (Lead) - Dec 26, 2010
- 27 killed after fighter jets bomb Taliban hideout in Swat - Oct 20, 2008
- Pak security forces capture strategic hilltop in Bajaur defeating Taliban - Feb 02, 2010
- 43 more Taliban killed as Pak forces continue to pound militants in FATA - Jun 23, 2010
- NATO jets bomb Khar Agency, 8 members of a banned outfit killed - Nov 10, 2008
- Pak security forces gun down 16 Taliban in Bajaur - Sep 21, 2008
Tags: administration official, army operation, clash, clashes, constabulary, hideouts, jets, jirga, kabal, local administration, pakistani army, political administration, political authorities, related development, swat, taliban, taliban commanders, taliban fighters, tehsil, tribal elders