12 killed in train-trolley mishap near Rae BareliJanuary 25th, 2009 - 5:30 pm ICT by ANI
Rae Bareli, Jan 25, (ANI): At least twelve People were killed and several others injured after a tractor trolley collided with a speeding train at the Unchahar Railway crossing here today.
The injured have been admitted to a district hospital.
The trolley passengers were going to Allahabad to have a holy dip in the Sangam, when their vehicle hit the Allahabad Kanpur passenger train, police said.
Chains were being used to check traffic, as the gate at the crossing was not functioning.
Railway sources, said the accident took place when the trolley crossed over to the other side in a hurry. (ANI)
- 11 killed, 30 injured in Uttar Pradesh accident (Lead) - Jan 25, 2009
- Nine killed, 35 injured in Uttar Pradesh accident - Jan 25, 2009
- Major train accidents in the last six years - Jul 07, 2011
- Lalu Prasad announces relief for Rae Bareli accident victims - Jan 26, 2009
- Nine killed in UP rail accident - Mar 09, 2010
- Five die in Pakistan train collision - Aug 30, 2011
- 43 major train tragedies in two decades (Lead) - Jul 19, 2010
- One killed, 15 injured in tractor-train collision - Nov 12, 2009
- Five killed, over 50 injured in three separate train accidents - Jan 02, 2010
- Six killed as train rams into vehicle - Mar 09, 2010
- Five die, several injured in road accident in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 06, 2010
- Magistrate booked for assaulting railway employee - Mar 18, 2010
- Train engine derailed at Kanpur, none hurt - Aug 18, 2012
- Kanpur-Delhi rail route restored after train accident - Jan 03, 2010
- Chronology of major Indian train accidents since 2000 - Jul 30, 2012