12 bombers among 27 Taliban killed by Pak security forces in Orakzai AgencyOctober 13th, 2008 - 11:38 am ICT by ANI
Peshawar , Oct 13 (ANI): Pakistani security forces claimed to have killed 27 Taliban, including 12 bombers, in an air-strike in the Orakzai Agency, here last evening.
The Frontier Corps (FC) described it as a highly successful action.
In a highly successful action in Orakzai Agency, a combat aviation strike killed 27 Taliban, a statement from the Frontier Corps (FC) headquarters said and added that those killed included two important Taliban commanders.
Credible sources confirmed that 12 persons among those killed were would-be suicide bombers, the Daily Times quoted the FC statement as saying.
Meanwhile, according to the paper, relations between the Ali Khel and Mamuzai tribes have worsened following a suicide attack targeting an anti-Taliban jirga of the Ali Khel tribe on Friday. The Ali Khel tribe is against the Taliban, while the Mamuzai tribe is silent on openly opposing the Taliban in the area, said sources.
In separate bombings in the Bajaur Agency, as many as 13 Taliban and three members of a tribal lashkar were killed in fighting and bombing by aircraft, on Sunday. Helicopter gunship and jet fighters targeted Taliban positions in Kotki, Charmang and Chinar areas of Nawagai tehsil, killing 13 Taliban and injuring several other, officials said.
Separately, three members of the lashkar were killed in clashes between the Taliban and volunteers of the Charmang tribes, said the locals. (ANI)
- 14 Taliban killed in Bajaur Agency - Oct 15, 2008
- 40 people killed in suicide attack on Orakzai jirga - Oct 11, 2008
- Three bombings kill 36 in Pakistan (Third Lead) - Aug 24, 2010
- Pakistan mosque attack toll reaches 56 - Aug 21, 2011
- Roadside bombs kill five in Pakistan - Jan 03, 2010
- Pakistan military prepares to launch offensive in Orakzai Agency - Jan 13, 2010
- Anti-Taliban leader killed in Pakistan car bombing - Nov 30, 2011
- North Waziristan elders declare jihad against US as revenge for drone attacks - Mar 19, 2011
- Pak troops kill 12 Taliban in Bajaur, tribals form lashkars to support Army - Oct 25, 2008
- Roadside bombs kill six in Pakistan (Lead) - Jan 03, 2010
- 22 militants killed in Pakistan - Jul 11, 2010
- Three killed in Pakistan bombing (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- 19 militants killed in military strikes in Pakistan - Mar 28, 2010
- 15 Pak FC soldiers found dead in Swat - Oct 23, 2008
- Pak Army kills 39 more Taliban in Orakzai Agency - Jun 24, 2010
Tags: ali khel, bajaur agency, bombings, chinar, clashes, combat aviation, credible sources, helicopter gunship, jet fighters, jirga, lashkar, locals, security forces, suicide attack, suicide bombers, taliban, taliban commanders, tehsil, tribe, tribes