11 Sabarimala pilgrims killed as bus falls into gorge in KeralaFebruary 17th, 2009 - 12:08 pm ICT by ANI
Kottayam (Kerala), Feb 17 (ANI): Eleven Sabarimala pilgrims were killed and 40 others injured when a bus fell into a gorge near Erumeli town in Keralas Kottayam District in the wee hours on Tuesday.
The victims were on their way to the Sabarimala hill shrine when the bus carrying 60 pilgrims slipped into a 50-foot gorge while it was passing the narrow Pampa Valley road.
All victims are hailing from Andhra Pradesh’’s West Godavari District.
The injured are undergoing treatment at the Medical College Hospital in Kottayam and Taluk Hospital in Kanjirapally.
The Kerala Government has announced a solatium to the kins of the pilgrims. (ANI)
- 11 killed as truck overturns in Kerala - Jan 13, 2010
- 12 Sabarimala pilgrims killed in Kerala bus accident (Lead) - Feb 17, 2009
- 11 killed as bus falls into gorge in Kerala - Feb 17, 2009
- 11 pilgrims killed as truck overturns in Kerala - Jan 12, 2010
- Sabarimala stampede autopsies end, most bodies handed over to kin (Roundup) - Jan 15, 2011
- Kerala in mourning for 102 Sabarimala stampede deaths (Third Lead) - Jan 15, 2011
- Kerala in mourning as Sabarimala toll mounts to 104 (Second Lead) - Jan 15, 2011
- Sabarimala stampede toll 104, Kerala in mourning (Lead) - Jan 15, 2011
- President, PM condole death of Sabarimala pilgrims, toll reaches 102 - Jan 15, 2011
- Hamid Ansari, Chidambaram condole death of Sabarimala pilgrims - Jan 15, 2011
- Sushma Swaraj pulls up Kerala Govt. over Sabarimala tragedy - Jan 19, 2011
- Eight pilgrims killed in Himachal (Lead) - Jul 15, 2012
- Sabarimala stampede: 'Consider cancelling pilgrimage through Pullmedu', says court - Jan 20, 2011
- Sabarimala stampede: Kerala govt to submit report before High Court - Jan 21, 2011
- Sabarimala stampede: 29 victims were from Tamil Nadu - Jan 15, 2011