11 killed in Imphal blastOctober 21st, 2008 - 10:19 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi , Oct 21 (ANI): At least 11 people have been killed and over 25 people are feared to be injured in a powerful bomb blast in Manipurs capital, Imphal on Tuesday evening.
The blast took place at around 7.30 p.m. near a high-security zone which houses a police commando training centre, said the Manipur Police.
Most of the victims are civilians.
All the injured have been taken to Regional Institute of Medical Sciences, Imphal.
No outfit has claimed responsibility for the blast. The nature of the explosion was being investigated, said police officials.
Initial reports say that the blast was triggered by an improvised explosive device (IED), which was placed in a Luna moped.
Earlier, on Sunday a bomb had exploded near Chief Minister O. Ibobi Singh’’s official residence. (ANI)
- Trooper killed, 10 injured in Manipur blast - Sep 09, 2012
- Two security personnel injured in Imphal blast - Sep 05, 2012
- Four serial blasts in Manipur, two injured (Lead) - Aug 15, 2012
- Shivraj Patil condemns Imphal blast - Oct 22, 2008
- Blast on poll-eve creates panic in Manipur - Jan 27, 2012
- Six killed in Manipur, poll turnout over 70 percent (Fourth Lead) - Jan 28, 2012
- Five people killed in Manipur blast - Aug 01, 2011
- Blast in Imphal, two troopers injured (Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Manipur sees over 80 percent turnout, seven killed (Night Lead) - Jan 28, 2012
- Blast near government office in Imphal - Sep 14, 2012
- Voting peaceful in Manipur (Lead) - Jan 28, 2012
- Blast in Imphal, two injured - Sep 09, 2012
- Powerful grenade found in Manipur secretariat - Sep 12, 2012
- Manipur polls witness violence, five killed (Third Lead) - Jan 28, 2012
- Manipur records 40 percent polling till noon (Second Lead) - Jan 28, 2012
Tags: bomb blast, chief minister, civilians, commando training centre, explosion, explosive device, high security, ied, initial reports, luna, medical sciences, New Delhi, police officials, regional institute, security zone, tuesday evening