100 new roman artifacts discovered in MacedoniaNovember 18th, 2008 - 2:13 pm ICT by ANI
Sofia (Bulgaria), Nov 18 (ANI): A team of archaeologists has found over 100 new artifacts, which date back to the early Roman period, at the Gabrevci site in the central part of Macedonia.
According to a report in www.balkantravellers.com , 130 ceramic vessels and deformed bronze objects were discovered during initial excavations, as stated by Trayche Nachev, head of the archaeological team.
The new findings come a month after a ritual funeral coach was discovered at the site, according to media reports.
The area around the village of Konche and the town of Stip is rich in well-researched archaeological sites from different eras.
Several tombs dating to the first century AD and the late Bronze period can be found near Konche, informed the Macedonian Information Agency.
In addition, excavations of the medieval fortress of Isar in Stip yielded findings, including a one-nave church, that illustrated how life in the fortress was organised during different periods of its existence. (ANI)
- Archaeology excavations begin at four ancient sites in Macedonia - Mar 05, 2009
- Iron Period layers revealed by latest archaeology excavations in Macedonia - May 31, 2009
- Ancient Persian cairn wall found in Iran - Aug 29, 2011
- New relics found in UAE - Jan 17, 2012
- Archaeologists discover over 7,500 fragments of ancient frescos in Bulgaria - Aug 14, 2009
- 2,500-year-old tomb found in China - Apr 24, 2012
- Kosovans' mass grave found in Macedonia - Jun 16, 2010
- Cabbage field at Bangladesh's Buddhist temple site - Feb 17, 2011
- China's earliest wine unearthed in tomb - Jul 06, 2012
- Raze illegal construction at excavated site: Court - Jul 30, 2012
- Earliest American residents came at least 15,500 years ago - Mar 25, 2011
- Artifacts dating back to Harappan era unearthed in Jharkhand - Jun 26, 2010
- Ancient site in Pakistan found, lost and found again - Aug 25, 2011
- Study on ancient Tel Aviv fortress sheds light on its past - Dec 29, 2010
- 700 year-old gold coins found in Israel - Jul 09, 2012
Tags: archaeological sites, archaeological team, archaeologists, bronze objects, ceramic vessels, eras, excavations, existence, funeral coach, isar, macedonian information agency, medieval fortress, nave, periods, roman artifacts, roman period, sofia bulgaria, stip, tombs