10 pilgrims killed in Jammu accidentJuly 15th, 2012 - 10:31 am ICT by IANS
Jammu, July 15 (IANS) At least 10 pilgrims were killed and more than 20 seriously injured when the bus they were travelling rolled down on a gorge near Digdole on Jammu-Srinagar highway late Saturday night, police said.
Digdole is about 165 km from Jammu.
The pilgrims were returning from Amarnath in Jammu and Kashmir. The bus skid off the road and fell into a deep gorge at Digdole around 11.30 p.m. Saturday.
Ten passengers died on the spot, while the injured were taken to Ramban hospital for treatment, police said.
A search operation is on for the missing passengers.
- 15 pilgrims killed in Jammu bus accident (Second Lead) - Jul 15, 2012
- 10 pilgrims killed in Jammu bus accident (Lead) - Jul 15, 2012
- 13 killed in road accident in Jammu - May 30, 2012
- 16 Amarnath devotees killed as truck falls into gorge (Second Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- 16 pilgrims killed after truck falls into gorge in India - Jul 28, 2012
- 22 die in Kashmir road accident - Sep 13, 2011
- Eight die in Kashmir road accidents - Oct 23, 2011
- 9 killed in two road accidents in Jammu region - Mar 24, 2012
- Two killed in Kashmir bus accident - Jul 11, 2012
- Six Amarnath pilgrims killed in road accident - Jul 03, 2010
- 16 pilgrims killed in Jammu - Jul 27, 2012
- 15 Ladakh artists killed in Himachal bus accident - Aug 15, 2011
- Eight pilgrims killed in Himachal (Lead) - Jul 15, 2012
- Landslides block Srinagar-Jammu highway - Aug 04, 2012
- 10 die in Jammu and Kashmir accident - Feb 18, 2012